mp3 Issues.Support

Last Updated:

1. action09

action09 Member This Topic's Starter

I have installed a 16gb card mostly filled with music, and quite happy with the player function. I also downloaded album art grabber which filled in all the blank covers for me. But every so often (maybe once a week) I lose the majority of the album art....just a case of running the album art grabber again but not sure why it dissappears?

Also I set a fave song to ringtone and this works fine but then disppapears when the above problem happens?

the mp3's are are all still there.....a bit confusing...any clues?

Advertisement
  2. andrewpickup

andrewpickup Active Member

oddly enough I was going to raise a similar issue.

transferred some mp3s to the desire some dont show the art work when they play.

the art work is on the machine in the photos...

how can I solve this ta

3. action09

Getting the album art is easy....go to the Market and get Album Art Grabber....its

4. andrewpickup

i have the art work both on my desire and on my netbook, just not when the music file is playing, when i first downloaded one of the albums it gave me front and back art work so i deleted the back and trans to phone. nothing

5. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

The best solution IMHO for album artwork is to use software such as Media Monkey to embed the art into the MP3 header file. it adds a couple of KB to the overall file size of course but it does mean that ANYTHING you import the tracks into can display the covers.

6. andrewpickup

ive downloaded this media monkey, but being the computer simpleton that I am , this is equally baffling!

7. staz1000

It's a pretty comprehensive bit of software but for just adding album artwork you have two options. Add/rescan the tracks you want to process then navigate to them using the folder tree on the left. Do one album as a whole and highlight all of the tracks and then right click on one of them:

A) got to properties and on the album art tab then 'add', find the jpg album cover file you want to use then make sure you tick 'Save image to tag' and then OK, tick 'Apply to all selected tracks' and then OK. After a short delay all those tracks will have the file embedded in them and Windows will use it for the file icon when in icon view.

B) click auto-tag from web. Media Monkey will then connect to whichever website is selected in the options (top right of that box) and try to find all the track information, including album artwork, for your tracks. It's not always correct but it's been invaluable for me. It does rely on the tracks having a certain amount of ID3 data in the first place though. If you use that method you again need to tick the 'add image to tag' box.

MM takes a lot of getting used to but can help you organise your files really easily. I use MP3 files in my car stereo but to keep all the tracks in the right order I needed to have the file name starting with a 2 digit track number. With MM it was a cinch!

8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Mp3tag is also a good program for tagging music, I had used Media Monkey until one of my devices had problems with its album art tags, mp3tag just works with everything I've used.

9. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

Media Monkey is an awesome bit of kit for managing music.

I didn't know how to sort the album art though so thanks for the tips!

10. acesrichie

acesrichie Member

not sure where ur keeping all ur albums. I was having trouble with some album art appearing and some not. Post #4 in this thread sorted me right out, no more missing album art.

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/59124-album-art-not-working.html

I didn't actually go as far as this guy did. Didn't bother creating artist files or naming the .jpg file anything special. albums with the .jpg already in the file displayed the album art automatically. I had a couple of albums with no album art so just searched google for the album cover pic, copy and pasted it into the album file and they show up fine too. Simples :)

11. staz1000

Yep for most hardware you can use a jpg file in the music folder but adding the file to the mp3 works on everything, including iTunes. Plus it also means you don't have to store tracks in a folder. Say you have some favourite tracks for whom you don't have the full albums, you can store them all in 1 folder and have the artwork for each track individually.

I have done this for the Ricky Gervais show guides, all ten are in the same folder but each has their own artwork:

[​IMG]

The same applies on the phone of course.

12. action09

Album art bit seems all sorted (fingers crossed) Its just the trimmed mp3 as a ringtone.....works fine to start with then just seems to dissappear from my default ringtone....checked the SD card and the trimmed files are still there it just doesn't seem to see them after a while...any thoughts?