MP3 player is bugging outSupport

1. mf088

mf088 New Member

Ok, so I got my DX on Wednesday and I was trying to put some music on. I plugged my phone into the laptop with the USB cable and dragged the music from Itunes. Achtung Baby by U2 was from a CD that I put on Itunes and The Suburbs by Arcade Fire was from a zip file that I got online. I played the music and everything was working fine.

Then I tried to add more music and the S### hit the fan. I tried to put like 15 album on, most of the songs came from Limewire which I dragged from Itunes. So the music player wasn't playing anything, saying that it cant recognize any of the files.

Help?

Advertisement
  2. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

First off, I'd suggest having your thread moved here: Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums

Secondly, I'm a bit confused regarding your situation, so let me see if I'm getting this.

A) You downloaded music via some random Google search that just so happened to be in a zip folder.

B)You transferred the tracks from that album (as well as a few others that you acquired from limewire) to your Droid X using iTunes.

C)Now you are receiving error messages when you attempt to play the tracks?

If this remains the case, I'd first:

A) Suggest first scanning the files in question for malware/viruses (seriously, I don't trust a lot of pirated things)

B) Maybe skip iTunes and directly transfer the files to the SD card directly (obviously putting them into your music folder).
  3. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

I tried to put music on my sd card also. Had iTunes open and my music folder on the X open. Dragged what I wanted to the X and went to work. Tried playing and got the same error as the OP
  4. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock player or one form a 3rd Party? I've never had any issues using stock, several unfortunately using 3rd Party.

The only other thing I can think of is DRM based issues, which in theory shouldn't be an issue if you're using limewire or similar methods to retain music tracks.
  5. characterzero

characterzero Member

your main problem is your music taste. throw some phish on there
  6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

What format are the files?