• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jaybo1973

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Hi all

Im not really one for portable music, never been an MP3 player/ipod fan. Thought I would give it a test today though whilst taking the dog a walk. I was quite impressed with the music quality. I found the interface pretty basic though, no better than my older PAYG phones. Just wonderd if anyone can recommend anything that suits the desire better? it might sound petty as it does its job, i.e. it plays music.

Meridian is my favourite - it's the only app I've paid for. You can also grab album art on an individual album basis withit too which is quite handy. It has a built-in file browser and video player. There are various-sized widgets too.

Album Art Grabber is also a great free app for filling those gaps in a more automated fashion. The only thing it lacks is a graphic equaliser.

HTH

Reactions: jaybo1973
Upvote 0
I tried a few of the music apps but I have now rid of them all as I ended up mostly using Moodagent. I know this depends totaly upon your music listening habits but I am more than happy to get a random but mood styled playlist when using my phone to listen to music. If I want a particular album then the stock player serves me fine.

Upvote 0
Have tried a handful of MP3 Players through my Desire.

Personally, I find "Zimly" to be the best. Free download, small size, very capable and very easy to create all your playlists, search for songs/artists/albums. Runs conveniently in the background, has only FC'd on me once in the 5 months I've had it.

No EQ settings, but does a pretty good job of auto-balancing the sound, regardless of playing through the phones speaker, headphones, bluetooth stereo or out through an Aux-line.

:D

Upvote 0
Hello Desire world,

Did anyone of you tried listening to music with HTC desire & sennheisser earphones combo (any of the sennheisser models)???
Also, how good are the HTC earphones that come along with desire.Any experiences would be great.......

I use my CX300s on everything they sound fine on the Desire but the Desire is not too loud with any earphones.
supplied ones are good for what they are, nice controls etc but I like inear phones

Reactions: kumar3234
Upvote 0
Hello Desire world,

Did anyone of you tried listening to music with HTC desire & sennheisser earphones combo (any of the sennheisser models)???
Also, how good are the HTC earphones that come along with desire.Any experiences would be great.......

My IE6s are great with the Desire.

It sounds a LOT better than my old iPod, because of the superior sound card.

Don't expect much out of the bundled pair, bundled earphones are never good(and if they are, it's actually a bad thing :p).

Reactions: kumar3234
Upvote 0
Strangely not many people seemed to have tried Music Mod. Those that have all seem to love it. :)

(It even works properly over Bluetooth with Google Nav unlike the HTC player :cool:)

Just testing music mod, nice but can't see much difference from stock. How do you set one as default? Every time I try to do something, i gives me the option of all 3 player

Upvote 0
Thanks. What if you want to swap again though?
Menu->Applications->Manage Applications
Find the application and select it. One of the options (near the bottom - have to scroll down) will be "clear defaults". Select this, and it will go back to asking you which one you want to use.

Reactions: jaybo1973
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones