MP3 Plugin

Last Updated:

1. Shady Talha

Shady Talha New Member

Hello all,

Recently I purchased Google Nexus 7, how can I play MP3 files online from any website without downloading the mp3 file?

Do I need to download any plugin for Chrome?

2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

You probably need adobe flash, though it doesn't come stock anymore so you'll have to look in the play store or elsewhere.
  3. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Welcome, Shady Talha!

I don't think there's a universal solution for "any website", but if you want to listen to streaming music in the MP3 format, which is what you seem to be describing, all you need is a media player that supports MP3 (which just about all do) and streaming. Some streaming websites might have some proprietary setup that requires you to use their own player. Not all of those are compatible with Android.

Which streaming player is best? I can't say, but this page has some ideas that may work for you. Unfortunately most of these seem to be tied to particular services. I like VLC myself, and use it on many platforms. While it's still in beta for Android, it's worth a look.
  4. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

+1 for VLC, I also like Winamp pro a lot. It's been on my Windows installs since Win 98 days. Streaming from Amazon uses their own Amazon MP3 player which works pretty well.