MP3 RingtonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Paraflier

Paraflier Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks-

I know that you can take any MP3 you have on your phone and turn it into your ringtone. Pretty snazzy. But..... Is there a way to decide where the MP3 will start? It begins at the start of the song Say... random example.... that I wanted Mr. Roboto as my ringtone. There's a lot of intro to get past till the good stuff begins. If I want to hear the hook, the call has long since gone to voice mail.

Have a good one!

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

You have to edit the mp3 to be the part of the song you want. You can use Audactiy (Free) on your computer or I think there is an app that you can get from the market that does the same thing.

Paraflier likes this.
  3. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Ringdroid will do this for you. Download on the Market for free.

Paraflier likes this.
  4. Paraflier

Paraflier Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome. Worked just like I wanted it to. Wee! :D

5. erik

erik Member

I have several MP3 that have already been cut the way I like them for ringtones. I have copied them onto the phone and can play them via the Files app, but I don't see them in the Music list of songs. Any idea what I need to do to make these ringtones "visible"?

6. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

You have to put them into the right folder. Create and Audio folder then a Ringtones folder inside of that.

erik likes this.
  7. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Yeah they have to be in the proper folder to show up.
    It doesn't have to be in an audio folder, but since theres already so many folders thrown onto the sdcard by apps it will help with the organization.

You want 3 folders for the 3 types
    alarms
    notifications
    ringtones

If you use Handcent when you try and select a ringtone it will give you an option to use android system or handcent to pick the ringtone. If you choose handcent you can use any of the system tones or any music file on your sdcard.

For example you can pick a song from your music folder.
    If you use android system when you pick a notification sound all you will get as an option is what's in the notification folder, so if you wanted to use the rooster alarm you wouldnt be able to. With Handcent as default you have that option to use the rooster alarm as a notification sound, or a ringtone if you wanted.