1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

MP3s not able to play

1. elliewyn

elliewyn New Member

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S, with a 32G external SD. I've tried a few different media players, but get the same issue with all of them. I installed some albums (no DRM, updated tags) on my external SD, my media player could see them, but couldn't play them (format not supported). If I look for them in file manager, they're not where I put them, but there's a lot of files in the Lost directory. I deleted them, but the media player still sees them! I've tried unmounting and remounting the card, power cycling the phone, but still nothing.

Has anyone had a similar problem that they've solved? I'm running Froyo, not sure if I'm rooted or not, I bought the phone second hand with Froyo installed.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. Download MediaInfo on your computer. Open a couple of the files in there, switch to Text View, and copy the results here.
  3. javierdl

javierdl Member

elliewyn, did you ever solve this one?

JDL
  4. elliewyn

elliewyn New Member

No I didn't, but I did find out that I'd been sold a fake Micro SD card, which probably didn't help matters. I've since got a new phone, but haven't moved any music over to it yet.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

What you had was typical of fake SD-cards, The device can see the MP3 names in a folder, but there's nothing for it to play, because the actual MP3s are not there.
  6. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member

For MP3's - Winamp Pro die the job. plus there's all the shoutcast radio and some albums free to stream. Also it integrates nicely with the desktop version.