mp3s play in wrong order on HTC Desire

1. joe281180

joe281180 Member

I'm using a desire, which is fantastic but I've got one issue. Using the default music player - just called 'Music' when I play an album the tracks seem to play in a random order. The player seems to be reading tags properly , correct track names and artwork etc and if I look at a tracks properties in the player software I can see that it is reading track number info. I don't know if there is a setting I have got wrong but it would be great to get songs playing in right order. Other than this the Desire is great.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Joe

Advertisement
    :
  2. Squash_man

Squash_man Well-Known Member

Bump. Just experienced the same problem.

Put a Muse album on, and it's in the wrong order. Not on shuffle mode. But oddly, it's the only album that it's happened to. All my other albums are alright.
  3. Adam120

Adam120 New Member

I can't help but just wondered, how did you even get your Desire to find the mp3s? I drag them into the file called MP3 from PC to phone, disconnect and it's unable to read them in the default music player, they don't exist. May I ask what steps you took to atleast get the phone to recognise the music files..?
  4. Squash_man

That's all I did. Dragged my files into the MP3 Folder.

What formats are you using? I'm using MP3's and WMA files
  5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Sounds like either the ID3 tag for track number is incorrect, or being read incorrectly (there are some bugs with tag reading in the Desire, tends to be the Genre tag for most of us, but couldn't rule that out here if your track number tags are correct).

Take a look at the files properties in your computer and see if they are tagged correctly.
  6. Squash_man

Yes, the genre tags aren't working well, but that doesn't bother me. But looking at the track number tags, they look ok (although ID3 tag editing isn't something I know too well).

I forgot to mention, the order that the album tracks are sorted alphabetically (strange!).
  7. Mec63

Mec63 Member

Alphabetical sorting is normally down to the track number being absent in the ID3 tag.

The best thing to do is download a program called 'Mp3Tag'. It lets you easily edit the tags including auto look up and embeding album art. Its also free.

Open the album in it and check all the details are correct and also what version of tags they are. Not sure what version the desire supports but my Sensa Clip+ needs v3.2 for instanence. To be on the safe side save them out again and retry them on the desire.
  8. galfwender

galfwender Active Member

It's really annoying.

If you start playing by quick-pressing the album, it shows you the list of songs. If tagged correctly, this list is in correct song order, and will play the album in order from whichever song you select to start from. If not tagged correctly, it shows in alphabetical order.

So far, so good.. can't complain... BUT...

If you start playing an album by long-pressing it and selecting "Play", it plays it alphabetically, regardless of the status of the tagging.
    ruthietoots likes this.
  9. BazScotland

BazScotland New Member

Hi thought i'd just add a little update to this thread, i've just noticed that syncing WMA tracks gets sorted alphabetically in the Album menu on HTC Desire, the same Album sync'd as MP3 is sorted in the order of track number.

It has annoyed me for a while that a few albums did not play in the correct order, at least now i know to rip all my cd's in MP3 format and not WMA.

Hope this Helps someone in the future.

HTC and Android will rule the World.