MP4 file requirements after 2.2 update ?Support

Last Updated:

1. WoodrowB

WoodrowB Active Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 29, 2009
    I'm running a stock N1. It updated this weekend, via the OTA, from 2.1 update 1 to 2.2 (FRF91 - T-Mobile).

I had used a utility called PSP Movie Creator to create mp4s from my DVD collection. I've played with various settings (lowering the bitrate and audio quality) but nothing produces an MP4 that my N1 Gallery recognizes.

Before the update the mp4s played the Gallery won't play the video. There are placeholders that represent the files, but i get the "Sorry, this video cannot be played" error.

I've searched some of the other forums and Google's official site, but no answers have yet been posted, just a few reports of similar behavior.

Can anyone help? thanks in advanced.

2. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Your post prompted me to check my videos...

They all still play.... sorry to hear of your probs, don't understand, I too just upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 (ERE27 to FRF91), OTA

I user handbrake to convert stuff (DVDs, flash movies, etc etc..) to mp4 - (it's free, works on Linux & I think Windoze..)

I click on preset settings for iPhone (sigh!) then if I really care wind the picture settings up to max that will fit in N1 screen (800x480). You CAN see the difference in quality between iPhone settings and N1... (and my Ad/music video directing son realised I had a better display than on his i****e!!)