MP4 files wont play sound on PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. tshrimp

tshrimp New Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search for MP4, and didn't get anything hits. So I hope this hasn't been asked before.

I have an HTC Droid Incredible and record my video in 720p. When I copy the file to my pc Windows Media Player does not play the audio of the .MP4. The video plays fine however. (All playes fine on the phone)

I have a camcorder that also records 720 mp4 files, and it plays audio and video just fine on the same pc.

It is possible that another player might play the file fine such as VLC, but I like Windows Media Player, and prefere not to have 3-4 media players taking up resources on my pc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You cant just search for MP4. Search for 'mp4 sound' or something. This has been answered at LEAST 10 times in the last 2 months.

Your computer doesnt have the required codec to play the file. The problem is, the codec android uses is very old, and its hard to find a codec install file for it. The only way to get around it, is to play the file with VLC or Quicktime.

3. bsager

bsager Member

You can usually do a search for Codec packs that will install most common codec's on your computer.