MP4 taggingSupport

Last Updated:

1. funkyseasider

funkyseasider Member

Hi guys,

This is my first post so be gentle! Please can someone help...

I've had my Galaxy for a month now, very happy with it and I've managed to get all my old music from iTunes (i had a nano) on to my phone without too much trouble.

Pretty much all of the music I had in iTunes was ripped from my CD's and then converted to an MPEG4 (AAC). I used iTunes to get the album artwork and write it to the tag and then Mp3Tag (v2.45a) to view the tags and correct any mistakes iTunes makes (it made quite a few). All seems fine so far. Then I just bulk copied them onto my external SD card on the phone.

When I go into the music player it takes a while to load everything in and index it all and because they're mp4's I seem to have to play a track from an album before android recognises the album artwork in the tag. Not too much of a problem....

However, a number of CD's (mainly compilations but not exclusively) ripped to MP4 appear under "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist". I did find a post on iTunes which said I should set the strange tag field "Album Artist" for compilations but this does not appear to work. No matter how hard I try there are still about 200 songs from CD's that, although the tag fields appear correct in Mp3Tag, get listed under unknown album. One album in particular (Air Traffic - Fractured Life) will only recognise the track names but not the artist/album/artwork even though the tag fields are set in the same way as all the other albums ony phone which do work!!!

Can anybody help, or has experienced a similar problem?

2. JeepGG

JeepGG New Member

Sorry I do not have an answer for you.
    I just figured out how to airsync my itunes to my captivate.
    It loaded everything on my phone memory, not on my external card.
    Could you tell me how you got yours to the external card?
    I am sure I will have the same problem you have, I just haven't gotten that far yet..
    I am sorry if I did this wrong..
    This is my first forum.
    Thank You