Mp4 Video Playback?

Last Updated:

1. disfilam04

disfilam04 New Member This Topic's Starter

I transferred a few movies in mp4 format for 720p and a few movies arent playing audio. any reason behind this? thanks for the help

James

Advertisement
  2. beertha

beertha Active Member

I have the same problem with .mp4s with multi channel AAC audio or .avi/mkv with DTS audio.
    Another player on the Market called "Rockplayer" has been able to play a few of the videos that the Stock Samsung player couldn't. "Rockplayer" cannot handle high bitrate videos like the Stock player can as it will get very choppy- but average "DVDrip" vids should be fine.
    Hope that helps.

3. John I

John I Well-Known Member

I have the opposite problem. I've down converted 720P video in to many different mp4 formats to try to reduce the size to the Captivate screen. Most of them play the sound but the picture is blank. Some of them play, but the screen gets stretched really wide and skinny. i've tried 720x480, 800x480 and a few others. Also tried 4x3, 16x9 and "square pixels".

What is the exact mp4 resolution and specification that I should be going for? I am using the Adobe Suite, so I can put it in basically any format know to man...

4. Vissionary

Vissionary Active Member

Check out arc media player.

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Have you tried to convert the videos using KIES?

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

MP4 (like AVI and others) is just a container. It doesn't define what codecs are being used for audio or video. It sounds like your MP4 video is using an audio codec that the Captivate doesn't support.

Samsung i9000 Galaxy S - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can use a tool like GSpot to analyze the video file and tell you what codecs are being used.