• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MPH reading in Google Maps/Nav

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
I'm having a brain-fade moment.

I can't find the display in Google Maps/Nav that shows MPH as you're driving. I was in the car the other day w/my wife commenting on how accurate her speedometer was (comparing it to my GPS reading) but last night when I was driving home I couldn't find MPH display in Maps/Nav to save my life?

Where did it go? ;)

If someone can remind me I'd appreciate it...

Thanks for trying, very much.

I tried all sorts of things last night, including going into Nav and touching the Map button in the upper right corner so you get 3D maps showing your position w/out having to have a destination, and didn't get the MPH display there.

Making me a little nutty - I swear I was getting MPH out of Gmaps, but now can't find the darn thing.

Upvote 0
Thanks for trying, very much.

I tried all sorts of things last night, including going into Nav and touching the Map button in the upper right corner so you get 3D maps showing your position w/out having to have a destination, and didn't get the MPH display there.

Making me a little nutty - I swear I was getting MPH out of Gmaps, but now can't find the darn thing.

I've never seen this feature before and I use nav all the time. Are you sure it ever existed? I assume I would have noticed it by now, but you never know with me, lol.

Upvote 0
Yeah...I'm beginning to wonder if I was dreaming. ;)

I looked to make sure I wasn't running GPS Status or something like that, but I haven't installed that on my D2 yet...I absolutely remember seeing an MPH read-out on my D2 while riding w/my wife in her car and commenting on how close the GPS reading was to her speedometer.

Weird...now I'm beginning to wonder if anything at all is real... :O

Upvote 0
Yeah...I'm beginning to wonder if I was dreaming. ;)

I looked to make sure I wasn't running GPS Status or something like that, but I haven't installed that on my D2 yet...I absolutely remember seeing an MPH read-out on my D2 while riding w/my wife in her car and commenting on how close the GPS reading was to her speedometer.

Weird...now I'm beginning to wonder if anything at all is real... :O

Was that a feature in Trapster, perhaps??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones