MS Exchange - needs details of 2.2 support

Last Updated:

1. Riverdome

Riverdome Active Member This Topic's Starter

I understand remote wipe is finally supported in 2.2 but I can't seem to find a full Exchange feature list. What works, what's buggy, what doesn't work at all?

I have corporate users wanting to move from BlackBerry to the Droid X but as the IT department I need to know what problems to expect before allowing them to change phones.

Advertisement
  2. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member

I think it depends more on how your Exchange server is set up. I'm not the IT guy at my job, but I attempted to configure my phone to work with our servers and got mixed results. I could send and receive email fine, but I couldn't get my calendar or tasks to sync up. I got better results using Touchdown, which synced all but 1 calendar. You should look into using that program as well, especially since it has a 30-day trial period. Keep in mind though that this was on an Exchange 2003 server with NO ActiveSync along with a BB server that has had numerous problems as of late.

I know this isn't the most helpful post, but basically it looks like the more up-to-date your Exchange server is, the less painful your setup will be. Just keep in mind YMMV.

Riverdome likes this.
  3. ActionXP

ActionXP New Member

Touchdown with ActiveSync works perfectly, you don't need to be on 2.2 to run it, I am on 2.1(eclair), it enables all functions of Activesync including remote wipe, check out the list of features here:
    TouchDown Features

It is $19.99 on the market, if it is for your company, they offer volume discount pricing.

Riverdome likes this.
  4. Riverdome

Riverdome Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Action. I've decided to pick up an "X" and give it a try for myself. Won't be the first time I've used VZW's 30-day return window purely for beta testing purposes.