MS Exchange on HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. londoner1964

londoner1964 Member This Topic's Starter

m using hero HTC, 2 days ago my MS Exchange account stopped syncronising. i deleted and configured again, its giving me a message password/username error.
    on a different phone all is working good, i have tried many times with HERO but no results, will appreciate any suggestions

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It used to work then stopped?

3. Col F

Col F New Member

I have experienced the same issue, at least twice. (On one occasion it occured after I made significant changes to my mail folders from Outlook, resulting in a "confused" Hero).

On one occasion, simply deleting the mail account on the Hero, then recreating it resolved the problem without further complications. However on another occasion I also had problems getting the Hero to properly recreate the account, have Exchange accept my credentials (username/password) and sync.

Try deleting the mail account on the Hero and then rebooting the Hero prior to recreating the account. I have discovered a few problems like this which are resolved after rebooting the phone.

Additionally, verify that the Server Name is saved correctly in the Hero. I found that it persisted in corrupting the server name being pulled by the email address, until I manually corrected the Server Name, and sync'd right up...

So: 1. Reboot the phone, 2. Recreate Mail Account..verifying accuracy of all paramaters/settings including the server name...

Good luck..

londoner1964 likes this.
  4. londoner1964

londoner1964 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks i will try this

5. cyearns

cyearns Active Member

I also had problems when my password was about to expire, so if the above suggestion doesn't work, try changing your password.

6. neild321blue

neild321blue New Member

Londoner

I have just aquired the same problem, My problem seem's to be caused by my work e-mail server being upgraded from a 2003 to a 2007 based server. I am told this causes a problem with password encryption which will be rectified with the 2.1 upgrade. I did find a fix yesterday by downloading 'touchdown' from the market .this worked for a day until the firewall on the server was updated to stop it. I now await 2.1 hopefully.