• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MS Exchange Problem : Doesn't work outside company domain

maheshp

Lurker
Jul 9, 2010
Hi,

I have Nexus One (Froyo). After a lot of struggle I set up the Email App for MS Exchange. It works fine until I am in Company WiFi zone (company domain). Once I switch to another WiFi zone (@ Home), it stops working and throws an error something like 'no server connection'. Can somebody please help me out resolving this problem?

You probably should talk to your IT dept. at work. Sounds like the client isn't configured properly. For example, the internal mail server could be named "companymail" on the local domain, but the public address resolves to "mail.company.com". If they've got the routers configured correctly, you should be able to use the public server host name internally as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones