• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MS Exhange Mail and Incredible

gooner4

Lurker
Apr 26, 2010
Can't wait to get my Inc! I am wondering though... I am presently using my Eris w/Touchdown to sync my corporate email to and the built-in mail client for my pop3 mail. This works fine but I was wondering if I can use the built-in mail client on the Inc to sync my corporate email or will I need to install touchdown on the Inc?

Thanks for you help help. This forum rocks.

brichi is correct....it seems the Incredible will sync email & calendar and do remote wiping out of the box. It does not appear, however, that it will sync tasks (if that is important to you). Also, I have my doubts about how configurable the alerting system is -- again, if that is important to you. Touchdown's seems VERY configurable, at least from the little bit I played with it on my wife's Eris...set up different alerts based on subject and sender of the emails. For me, personally, I need that functionality.

Upvote 0
That would be great. I can see that synching taks and different notifications would be important for some. I don't really use them but I probably should :rolleyes:. Any thoughts on whether it will access the GAL?? I like being able to look up users in the corporate directory. Thanks again for the help!

Upvote 0
That would be great. I can see that synching taks and different notifications would be important for some. I don't really use them but I probably should :rolleyes:. Any thoughts on whether it will access the GAL?? I like being able to look up users in the corporate directory. Thanks again for the help!
I had Touchdown on my wife's Eris for only a short while (30 minutes or so). My plan is to get an Incredible, but I (and my IT guy) wanted to make sure it could interact with our Exchange server well enough. My point is, I didn't mess with it very much, but I'm confident it was pulling email addys from the global address book....but I can't be 100% sure.:thinking:

Ok, I just checked Touchdown's features page and it lists GAL Search & import as one of the features....so yep, GAL is supported!

Upvote 0

Thanks for the link! I just skimmed over it, but it does indeed look like GAL support comes with the Incredible, huh? Cool! So I guess, for me, I have to decide whether or not Touchdown is worth the cost for Task sync and custom alerts. I could probably live without Task syncing, but the custom alerts....don't think I can go without that one.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Did anybody else notice the Exchange has an option to "set download frequency"? Image Gallery: Verizon HTC DROID Incredible; Functions and Applications | ZDNet Photo Gallery

Does this mean it is not true push email? In the Gmail App thread, somebody mentioned that when you set download frequency to "As items arrive" with a Gmail account set up in HTC Mail as Exchange, it actually just polls the server every few seconds and pulls in new emails. aka, NOT push.

Can anybody confirm whether Exchange email using HTC's app is true push? Is Touchdown true push?

Upvote 0
Did anybody else notice the Exchange has an option to "set download frequency"? Image Gallery: Verizon HTC DROID Incredible; Functions and Applications | ZDNet Photo Gallery

Does this mean it is not true push email? In the Gmail App thread, somebody mentioned that when you set download frequency to "As items arrive" with a Gmail account set up in HTC Mail as Exchange, it actually just polls the server every few seconds and pulls in new emails. aka, NOT push.

Can anybody confirm whether Exchange email using HTC's app is true push? Is Touchdown true push?
I have been using TD on my Eris for quite some time and I love it. But I have 4 email accounts I need to sync on a regular basis. I've not been able to get the Exchange version on Android to sync multiple Activesync accounts yet. As for push on TD, yes it's true push.
A question I have is, and I might just ask this on Nitrodesk support too, can I backup my accounts to the SD card and just move it over to my Inc on Thursday? (Sorry for the cross post on another thread)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones