MS Word, Excel, etc... Apps - What do U use?Support

Last Updated:

1. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I downloaded the free version of "Documents to go". It allows viewing of Word & Excel documents. Editing is not allowed for the free version. $24 gets the complete pkg.

I have 2 concerns - One, not sure if I'll keep this phone and not exchange it. I've already exchanged 2 times for defects. Hope this one's a keeper, but I'm scared due to 2 exchanges. 2nd concern is I'd like the most cost affective software.

Your help/feedback is appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

If you pay for the app, it's yours even if you swap to a new Droid X, or a different Android phone.

It's really a personal question, though. For me, I realized that mostly what I want to do is read documents on the go. I rarely want to edit them. So for that, I can use free software - and if I want to edit something, I'll use the mobile version of Google Docs.

3. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on Docs to Go and you'll get a chance at a special. I bought my license for $9.99.

4. granny4g

granny4g New Member

I've been using doc to go for a few years now and I love it! Started using it on my Blackberrys and bought the android ver when I got Droid X a few mo ago. If you register the free copy they usually email you a special price for that copy.

5. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

Why aren't you all just using Quickoffice? It is free and already on the phone.

6. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

7. batz67

batz67 Member

because

A) Quickoffice for android does not support office 2007 (xlsx & docx)

B) Quickoffice for android does not support editing. Only viewing.

8. gibbga

gibbga Well-Known Member

Ditto this. About a week after downloading the demo I received an email offering it to me at the discounted price noted above. My guess is that this is standard operating procedures for them.

9. HES

HES Active Member

Apparently RIM just bought DataViz, makes of Docs to Go. They have already announced that they will not be making a product for the PalmOS any more. Not such a big deal since Palm is just about dead, unless you own a Palm. But here is the thing, there are rumors that RIM may decided to stop producing the software for any other platform EXCEPT Blackberry, in which case yeah, we are all well and screwed.

10. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

I hate to say that someone is wrong but you are. I just pulled up a docx file, edited it and saved it. Updated dropbox and opened it on my laptop. All changes I made were there.

11. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

Quickoffice with 2.2 is great...I stopped using Docs to Go :)

granny4g likes this.
  12. granny4g

granny4g New Member

Good to know bout the quickoffice in 2.2

13. ItsMikeE

ItsMikeE Member

Tempted to get QO or Docs2Go

Has anyone tried an Excel workbook with data in one sheet and a summary in a second sheet which contains a pivot table?

14. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Just downloaded Docs to go to try it out althought ill most likely buy the full package eventually. Being able to edit is important for a college student. BTW, Its only 14.99 now in the market.

15. fmkyfc

fmkyfc New Member

Hi I am also looking for an app that allows me to view pivot tables on an excel worksheet. So far none can do this. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations ? Thanks

16. Pernilla77

Pernilla77 Member

Hi!

I wonder about these apps to. Quickoffice followed with my wildfire (bought it about a month ago) but when I open quickoffice I only see the files. There doesn