1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

MS690ZV3 and MS690ZV4 BIN imagesSupport

1. edodonnell

edodonnell Well-Known Member

I have extracted the contents of the BIN files that LG uses to flash updates. Here is a list of the files:

amss.mbn
    appsboot.mbn
    blb
    boot.img
    cache
    calbackup
    efs2
    fota_sto
    fota_ua.mbn
    mibib.mbn
    oemsbl2
    oemsbl.mbn
    qcsbl.mbn
    recovery.img
    splash.img
    system.img
    userdata.img
    web_dl

The .img files are the same images that have been posted here before, at least for 2.2. I'm not sure anyone has posted the images for 2.2.1 yet. I have no idea what the .mbn files are. The files without an extension are mostly empty and probably all useless.

Download then here:
    2.2 image: MS690ZV3.zip
    2.2.1 image: MS690ZV4.zip

The images were not in zip format. I zipped them myself after I extracted them from the bin.

Advertisement
  2. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

What where how who?!?!?!?!?!? LOL, I think a few people were trying to figure out how to do that. How did you do it? lol
  3. edodonnell

I have been working on this for almost a week now. It wasn't too hard because the data is not compressed. It just took a lot of time examining the file with a hex editor, and then writing the program to chop it up and remove all the extra bits.
    death2all110 likes this.
  4. green_machine

green_machine Active Member

damn, ya'll are smart
  5. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

mbn are bootloaders. Check pm I have been looking for this.
    death2all110 likes this.
  6. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Hey think you could link us to what you did to do this!?

ive been working my ass off on this

pressing the thanks button too man!

nice job!

hope you can help!
  7. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

Noticed the headers are missing

appsboothd.mbn
    oemsblhd.mbn
    amsshd.mbn

are a few
  8. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

That can't be a good thing.
  9. edodonnell

I am still working on the program to unpack the image. I am beginning to thing that only boot.img and recovery.img were extracted correctly. It appears that all of the oob areas are missing from system.img.
  10. richiedaze

richiedaze Well-Known Member

Thank you very much...
  11. asadullah

asadullah Well-Known Member

I just tested the boot and system image. The boots good but the system image is a no go. Is there a way to repack the bin files? If so then it would be very easy to root 2.2.1 without having to downgrade
  12. richiedaze

richiedaze Well-Known Member

Was it flashed on? I tried flashing it on my g1 to pull the files but ran out of memory...:mad:

If anyone would like to try it, let me know.
  13. asadullah

No I used unyaffs to test the system image. If theres anything wrong with a system image unyaffs won't work. For the boot image I just used split_bootimg.pl and everything worked good. So I have to assume that it's good. I'm not gonna flash it on my hero unless I end up making a rom for it. I'm sure one of the many beta testers won't mind testing the boot image :rolleyes:
  14. edodonnell

There is no way to repack the bin file yet.

I tried modifying the file with a hex editor, and it flashed back just fine. I didn't change much. I added some comments to a text file, just to see if it could be done. At least we know there is no checksum that prevents flashing a modified image.
  15. asadullah

I don't know if it can be done but is there any way to change a values inside the bootimg while still in the bin file?
    I ask because inside the ramdisk of the boot image there's a file called buildprop. Inside the defaultprop there's a line that says ro.secure=1. If you have ro.secure=1 changed to ro.secure=0 you now have root.... basically. You would be able to remount the device and push su binary and chmod it's permissions.
  16. edodonnell

I can change some things in the system image. The boot image is a lot harder to modify because because it is gzipped.