1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

MSN Messenger App.

1. Mopst3r

Mopst3r Member

Hello guys,

I was just wondering, is there a good MSN/Live messenger app for my G1 yet? I've read about Meebo, but it seems very slow to me.

Also, I don't want to do anything with root acces or something like that.
    I have a european G1 if that matters.

Advertisement
    :
  2. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

What about the built-in IM application? It's kinda crappy, but it does support MSN. Or there's BuddyMob in the Market that says it supports MSN, but I haven't tried that out. I just use Gtalk all the time.
  3. Mopst3r

Mopst3r Member

The built in IM program only works with google talk.. :confused:
    I've tried buddymob and meebo and they both are quite crappy, because I need to create an account and add my friends etc.

I just want to open my msn contacts and be able to chat with them, like Windows Live Messenger on iPhone.

I hope there's an app for this :eek:
  4. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member

I have MSN, Yahoo, AIM, and GTalk all on my built-in app.
  5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Ditto, but to be honest, most of my friends stopped using IM a few years back, so I don't know how reliable it is. Seemed to let me sign in and out easily enough.
  6. smint

smint Well-Known Member

Emglish only has google talk for some stupid reason, meebo is ok if you sign up it does just use your existing contact list for msn no need to add again
  7. Cryptic79

What is Emglish? An app?
  8. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

A typo i'm guessing
  9. Cryptic79

I figured it was, but if he meant English, as in an English version of the phone, what type (US, UK, other)?

I'm on the US version.
  10. snowburner

snowburner New Member

Seems that the folks over at Palringo are looking for beta-testers..

11. smint

smint Well-Known Member

I meant the English version of the phone, the version we buy here in England, UK.It does not come with a selection of messenger services like the American or US model. I believe they did this to cut the amount of data everyone who has the phone would use. Which they should have relised wouldn't work as there is an open app market for the android OS.
    I was also stating Meebo was not that bad, there is no need to re-enter all you existing contacts to your meebo account, they will be there when you sign in. It's what i use and it's ok.
  12. rifter

rifter Active Member

#1 : It is lame that they did that to you.
    #2 : Thank you for clarifying. I was going to say the built in IM client works great. That really sucks they stripped out that functionality, though. :(
  13. Manacit

Manacit Well-Known Member

The built in app also uses Text Messages, and I don't have unlimited, I too have been looking for a good MSN app that will use data. I emailed the palringo people to see if I could get in on the beta testing, but I haven't heard anything back.
  14. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

I was not aware that the UK version was so different. You could always reflash your phone to a US version of the software.
  15. Mopst3r

Mopst3r Member

Can this be done without consequences? i.e. violating warranty or something like that?
  16. Mopst3r

Mopst3r Member

Just now, Meebo finally started to work on my G1 so basicly my problem is solved :) Allthough it's rather slow.... Does anyone know if the IM app. for the US version is faster with MSN Messenger?

17. smint

smint Well-Known Member

that palringo looks good, going to use meebo till that is released myself.
  18. agent8080

agent8080 New Member

I was about to correct you and say that the UK version does allow connection to other messenger services... but after checking, it seems you are right.

I swear when I first got my G1 the built in IM client could do this, was this perhaps changed with an update? Can't believe they would do that!
  19. snowburner

snowburner New Member

Over at AndDev, Plastriq seems to have released an alpha version of MSNDroid. Basic functionality, not on the Market but still nice.

As posted on the 9th of Feb. :

[​IMG]
  20. pantianhon

pantianhon New Member

hey.. does anyone know any MSN apps dat support group conversation?? currently all the apps i've tried (ebuddy, meebo and many more) all cant support group conversation.. most of the time they'll spam me with messenge while i can only reply them in a 1 on 1 conversation.
  21. rayman382

rayman382 New Member

Use msntalk. its awesome
  22. Thomas_AR

Thomas_AR Active Member

23. Mekanikz

Mekanikz Active Member

What about Messenger WithYou?
  24. Profete162

Profete162 Member

25. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Does Trillian support MSN? They have an app for Android. We used to use it on the pc as some used IM, some used AOL, and it worked with all the messaging apps.