Msn?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Insignia, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Insignia

Insignia Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Anyone found a decent MSN/Windows Live Messenger app yet? theres a few on in the marketplace but, tbh, they're all shite and don't work properly.

btw, i live in the UK so my phone only comes with a Google Talk IM and nothing else. i don't know if this is different on the US phones.

Advertisement
  2. m0rk

m0rk Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I was wondering if we could install the US image to run MSN.

I can't understand why they want to force us to use GTalk

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    On my phone the stock IM program that came on the phone includes Agents for AIM, GoogleTalk, Windows Live Messenger, and Yahoo.

I dont use WLM, only use YIM and it works great for me..

4. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member
    VIP Member

Sep 10, 2008
    SharePoint Architect
    St. Louis, MO
    The built-in MSN app works ok. I don't do much IM from my phone anymore because I can link my MSN contacts into Office Communicator at work, now.

5. Insignia

Insignia Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ok, for all UK users, i've found a way of getting the Windows Live Messenger, AIM and YIM apps that come on the US phones.
    basically, you get root access on your phone, and flash a US Firmware/update thing. (i think thats what it is, i had no idea what i was doing but it worked ^^)
    you also get the added bonus of access to a command prompt and the auto screen rotation which works great :D among other things.

6. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Boise ID
    Sounds like you got ahold of a developers edition cause I don't have command prompt or auto rotation. ;)

7. smint

smint Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Mechanical Engineer
    Chesterfield, UK
    Meebo app is brilliant recomend it

8. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Male
    Senior software developer
    Northamptonshire
    Get the terminal emulator from the market, run it and bask in the glory of having a shell at your finger tips. There isnt much you can do with it, if like me you havent got root, but at least you will have a command prompt (but still no auto rotation)