57.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    42.9%

Last Updated:

1. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG]

For those of you who don't know, mSpot is like a server that you can host your music on (2GB Free) and stream to your phone anywhere you have a connection.

Do you guys like this?

I personally do; I like being able to store 2GB of music offsite and not worry about using up space on my phone. You can upgrade to like 40GB for I believe $3.00 /mo or something.

My itunes library greatly exceeds this 2GB limit, BUT I generally only keep about a Gig or so on my phone, so this gives me lots of free space for videos (If there was something like this for videos that worked this well i would def. pay for it).

I live in an area where I can go hundreds of miles in any direction and never lose 3G coverage, so this works fine, but I can see the issues if you don't have great coverage.

In my experience, there is almost no lag-time for streaming and being able to go to mSpot.com and play my music on any computer is REALLY nice.

So, Have you guys tried it? If you have what's your take/experience with it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Eric

Advertisement
  2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Never even heard of this before. I'm going to try to this out soon, thanks for the info. :)

J

3. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

I've been using Subsonic ever since it was available. It's similar to mSpot but the music is stored on my own server instead of mSpot's services. My server has a lot more than 2GB but this looks like a nice alternative for people that don't want to bother with a server setup.

4. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've never heard of subsonic, what kind of server are we talking about?

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Bro,

I'm gonna move this to a wider audience where more folks can see it.

Steven

6. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

the mSpot is amazing when you find it.

oh wait, i'm thinking of something else entirely.

seriously, though, thanks for sharing. i dont know how useful this would be for me, but it's worth a shot. i may end up loving it.