mt-daap server and client

Last Updated:

1. lostpacket

lostpacket New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Going to grab myself an HTC magic today. Done some searching around and can not wait to finaly ditch this POS iPhone.

Anyhow, I'm looking to see if anyone has any info on a mt-daap server and client.

If you dont' know what it is you can look at

Firefly Media Server :: Home Page

it's a clone of the iTunes music sharing service. It allows you to share your music collection over your network.

I have a firefly server setup and share my music colection with all my systems. As well I VPN into my network from work/coffee shop and can listen to my tiny 500GB music colection on my netbook (ubuntu 9.10 btw)

I would love to be able to do the same with my new phone. My curent iphone(jailbroken) has a firefly server that i can share the music from it's ipod side. But alas no client.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Interested in the same thing. I run Firefly Media Server on my WHS, and can access it anywhere via FirePlay. Alas, FirePlay is flash based so until we get true flash access on my Droid, I am also looking for a DAAP client to use on my phone. I just now ran across DAAP Media Player in the MarketPlace, but have yet to figure out the correct syntax to establish contact with my server.