mT3G dying?

Last Updated:

1. BarkingGhost

BarkingGhost Member This Topic's Starter

The mT3G in my life was working fine. I occasionally used it for calls, less for data, and mostly for playing Open SuDoku as a time-waster.

Then a couple of weeks ago whenever I used the Back button it worked just fine until you would be presented with the 'desktop'. Getting to that desktop has now presented a delay, often with an Alert message saying something essentially isn't responding.

I'm prompted to Force Close or Wait, but no matter what I choose the problem persists. This past Friday I added a new contact. I should not have trusted the phone and as a result, the contact is gone (or was never saved).

Its running ...

Firmware is 1.6
    Baseband 62.50SC.20.17U_2.22.23.02
    Kernel 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37
    Build DMD64

Anyway to reboot this sucker as consideration of something in software haven broke? I got this phone last November ('09).

Advertisement
  2. DeadPlasmaCell

DeadPlasmaCell Well-Known Member

My phone wigged out on me in January. Out of the blue most of my buttons stopped working and I kept getting error messages. The factory reset fixed it right up. Android market place remembers what apps you've downloaded so getting all my apps back was simple and my contacts and everything were synced right back up with my Gmail accounts. That was all by default, I'm sure there are apps out there that do even more. Anyway, hope this helps!

Settings > SD Card & Phone storage > Factory data reset