MT3G running very slow!

1. mill8365

mill8365 New Member

Lately my mytouch has been running very slow. i dont have many apps installed.. any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member

install any task killer app from the market and see which all apps are running in the background. Uncheck the ones you need and kill the rest.

Also restart the phone.
  3. Ndokami

Ndokami Active Member

Do a factory data reset..... it helped me i normally avoid task mangers they always seem to slow my phone down just as much as not having one.
  4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

get used to it, the mytouch has a slow processor with limited ram. both equal slow. the main reason i left the mytouch after a month. like they said try a restart or if not a reset
  5. ayush20m

Or (the best) root your phone. Some roms out there make mt3g blazing fast. :)
  6. mill8365

mill8365 New Member

I installed an app killer, and definitely noticed a difference. Thanks! ..What is "rooting" ?
  7. ayush20m

rooting is the process of gaining root access to your phone and hence the name. It allows you do modify your phone in any way possible. As a result you can install new roms on it which are much faster and stable then the stock rom that the mt3g comes with.
  8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

take a look at the rooting subforum for the mytouch3g
  9. Sos710m

Sos710m Member

When mine starts running slow, I power off and take out the battery. Fast as before. Only lasts about a week though
  10. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Same type of thing happens with computers though, you keep them on for a really long time and they start to run slow, so your restart it and caches are cleared, the ram is refresed, it closes out of those old background processes you did use awhile ago but now haven't for awhile. Lots of things add to it and it'll happen with a lot of Android devices. Just keep on top of your Task Manager and remember to turn off your phone every once in awhile.