• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MTK6575 3G (WCDMA) doesn't work anymore only 2G

omega96

Lurker
Aug 31, 2013
I own an Thunderbird i5 LTE (Based on MTK6575) and my 3g data doesn't work anymore only 2G works. When I go to Network Mode in Settings and select WCDMA only it says Restricted access changed and the signal drops. Then I try to search a network operator, it shows Orange 3G, I select it, it says Registering on Orange 3G and after 30-60 seconds "Unable to connect to this network at this time". What can I do to restore the connection? (My phone is rooted)

Quite possibly the 3G radio has died. Could try it with another carrier if you can borrow a SIM, and if that's not getting 3G service either then it's almost definitely a fault in the phone. Nothing you can do with it except RMA it for refund or replacement. The Thunderbird i5 is distributed by some company in Shenzhen, and so often with these things quality can be an issue.

Upvote 0
Quite possibly the 3G radio has died. Could try it with another carrier if you can borrow a SIM, and if that's not getting 3G service either then it's almost definitely a fault in the phone. Nothing you can do with it except RMA it for refund or replacement. The Thunderbird i5 is distributed by some company in Shenzhen, and so often with these things quality can be an issue.

There was a period when 3G didn't work on my phone, but few days ago worked, and after 2 days, after putting my phone on Airplane mode the 3g died.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones