1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

MTP on XPSupport

1. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

I can't get it to work, at first it tried and failed to find drivers for the device. Then after a quick search I found that I needed Media Player 11 so I installed that but the Nexus still isn't showing up as a removable device. I can use the camera option to get files FROM the Nexus, but that won't let me transfer anything TO it.

Anyone got any idea? All of my searches come back with GNex advice.

Advertisement
    :
  2. gunterh

gunterh New Member

I'm having the same issues. I installed the nexus 7 drivers from the ASUS website, upgraded WMP to 11. When I plug in my N7, it first tries to install MTP software/drivers and fails, then it appears to sucessfully install the nexus drivers, but no luck. I've tried my android phone, and WMP11 sees that just fine. Haven't tried the camera option. Seems there are a few of us with this issue, see posts, but no solutions that have worked for me so far.
  3. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with 64bit XP pro and my XOvision Xtab7 but kindle fire and Archos43 was OK. Check your device manager and uninstall devices that are not working then try again. May be time to plug in my N7 into my old XP machine instead my Win7 and see what happens.
  4. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

Looks like the ideal route is to update Media Player BEFORE you plug in the Nexus. If you do it you need to uninstall the Nexus from the device manager (in control panel) as mentioned above.
    JanComputerman likes this.