• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SteveH0773

Jun 28, 2010
Hi All,
I'm currently waiting for new Note to arrive, replacing my trusty but tired HTC Desire.
While I wait for it to arrive, does anyone know if the Note will allow USB transfer of pictures from a Nikon camera? The camera uses MTP (Media transfer protocol) and works fine with my Motorola Xoom, but that runs on Honeycomb, not Gingerbread...

Thanks in advance.
Steve

well as the note (international that i know of) also uses mtp and has otg capabilities i would hazard a guess and say yes to your question, however as i have'nt tried it myself to say for sure but all the evidence points to a positive outcome.
if you could be so kind as to let us know how you get on it would be benificial to others who maybe thinking the same thing :)

Reactions: SteveH0773
Upvote 0
Well, my note arrived and is as awesome as expected! I shouldn't be getting so excited by gadgets at my age, but who cares!
Connecting the camera up transfers files with no problem as expected... And using one of the many apps on the market, you can even transfer the RAW (NEF on Nikon) files (Uncompressed, large image files) to your phone to free up space on the camera.

Cheers,
Steve

Upvote 0
Hi,

i was also having the same issue when i purchased my gnote. i format it several time and updated it to final version 4.0.4. but MTP error was still scratching my head. Finally i got the solution. Keep it in mind that there is no problem with your PC neither with gnote. the main culprit is the APPS which you would have downloaded that prevent gnote to get connected to the PC due to some crappy security reasons. Do this to solve the issue:

1. go to settings>security>device administrators.
2. delete what ever is the device administrator since it is creating problem in your note due to some security reasons.
3. BOOM problem solved.

Now connect your gnote to PC. KIES will detect it and you are done.

Regards,

VRS

Upvote 0
Not sure that this is the right thread? Does remind me that I never solved this though. Took my Note and an OTG cable with me in the hope that I could plug my SD card reader into it and transfer the pics across but I couldn't get it to work. It would recognise that there was a form of storage there but that was it. Has anyone managed to get an SD card reader to work or should I be trying to plug a cable between the camera and the Note?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones