MTU error when trying to connect to xbox live

Last Updated:

1. raptor13am

raptor13am New Member This Topic's Starter

I have dial up internet so i got the app easy tether on my droid and tried to connect to xbox live using my computer. When i did this it said it encountered an MTU error.... what exactly is this and how can i fix it. Also how much data do you think playing on live would use because isn't there a "5 gb limit" on the unlimited phone plan.

Advertisement
  2. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

im not sure why easy tether dosent work like this. i tried that also on my ps3 to no avail. i have since purchased a mobile broadband card with a 5 gig per month limit. i play quite often and have never went over my limit. in fact one hour of play time uses only about 25 k of data.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

First of all, there is NO LIMIT to the data plan. That's what UNlimited means. About once a month, someone posts about there being a 5 or 6 gig limit ... the myth that wouldn't go away. :(

More of the question is whether Verizon minds of you tether or not. I have yet to hear of anyone getting charged extra for this. But I would still be leery if you tethered gigs and gigs of data per month. Big Brother may catch on sooner or later.

MTUs refers to data packet sizes. I don't think there's a way to change that setting in the DROID. Is there a way to change the setting in your console? That may be your only hope.

4. Longwell

Longwell New Member

You can chane the mtu of the network adapter i.e. easytether using a couple different programs 1 is DRTCP. Just download that run it and go to the bottom right corner and enter 1364 or higher. i use 1400 and it work well. takes a while to find a game but there is very little lag during gameplay.