Multi-tasking Google Maps and Music

Last Updated:

1. tourtelot

tourtelot Member This Topic's Starter

I found out today that when I use the headphone output from my Droid, I can feed the Google Maps turn-by-turn through my car speakers using the aux-in on my head unit. I can also play music out of my Droid in the same fashion. I can even do both at the same time!

But here's the rub. The Google Map "Voice" is so loud compared to the music out of my Droid that if I have the music playing loud enough to hear. . . .well you get it. Google Maps blows out my speakers! There doesn't seem to be a volume control on the Google Girl, so I guess this is as much a feature request as a bitch. To be able to mix the Google Girl up a bit over the music would be, well, kick ass!

D.

Advertisement
  2. Moondonkey

Moondonkey Member

I am pretty sure you can adjust the volume in both programs.. I had a similar problem then fixed it.

You just have to find the right volume for both your music and the navigation program. You just need to set the volume in the music program then switch back over to navigation and adjust the volume there.

3. tourtelot

I have really looked and looked for volume faders and can find one for either app. Then again. I have only had my Droid a week. If anyone can point me to them, I would be appreciative.

D.

4. tourtelot

Oh, silly me! The volume rocker on the Droid works individually for both applications. Solved!

D.