Multi-touch fixed?General

Last Updated:

1. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any word on whether the multi-touch issue from the Nexus One's has been fixed on the Incredible (I am assuming the touch panel is the same) ?

Advertisement
  2. scarshapedstar

scarshapedstar Well-Known Member

Well this is a super-non-technical answer, but my impression is that despite the Incredible's reputation as an N1 clone, it's really an upgraded HTC Desire (which has itself been called an N1 clone...) and I have heard no reports of the Desire having this issue.

I'm sure someone out there knows the nitty-gritty details of the touchscreen hardware which may shed more light on this.

3. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

On a youtube video review on the Desire, the reviewer said that they can tell the desire screen's multitouch is 100% not bugged like the nexus. Sorry forget who it was by

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn't go that far as to say the HTC Desire has no issues: YouTube - HTC Desire - Multitouch Problems . Now maybe it's fake--I sure hope so--but there's a good chance that the Clearpad2000 is being used on the Google Nexus One, HTC Desire, and HTC Droid Incredible... *shivers* Curse you, POS touch screen sensor!

5. scarshapedstar

Maybe that's just the app? I mean, I've seen demonstrations of the pinch-to-zoom feature working flawlessly. Of course I've heard there's an app designed to ferret out multitouch problems and maybe this is it.

6. scarshapedstar

Actually, after a little research it seems that pinch-to-zoom is an ad-hoc kinda thing and multitouch isn't otherwise supported by Sense UI. :(

From youtube comments:

On the other hand... I can't really think of what else multitouch is used for.

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

It's been a known fact that pinch-to-zoom can be done with a defective touch screen sensor because even though there is a flip in the Y-axis and such, it just detects one point moving away from the other point and starts zooming in.