Multi-touch Maps for non-rooted Droid?

Last Updated:

1. notredewey

notredewey Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been posted else ware but I have not been able to find it nor figure it out.

Is there a way to install the newest map app from the Nexus One with multi-touch onto a non-rooted Droid? I have the new gallery app with multi-touch working on it but can't figure this map one out. Anybody get this to work? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Just root your phone. You'll be able to do more with it. Just don't be afraid. You have to have root access for the multitouch maps because you have to transfer a .jar file to system/framework

3. notredewey

Thanks for the response, I think I am gonna go ahead and root it. I've been jailbreaking my ipod touch since the early days, but I'm a bit nervous for some reason about rooting my phone. I know I should be fine though. What rom would you reccommend?

4. dmobile5

dmobile5 Well-Known Member

Well this guy on youtube got the .apk file for maps and just put it on my Droid and it Works!!!!!!!! Here is the link to the vidhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMWbR_TB1G4

5. notredewey

Awesome, thanks dmobile, I used the file in the youtube link and works great!

6. dmobile5

dmobile5 Well-Known Member

No problem but I didn't really do anything sub to the guy Metscards13 if u want to thank him...