Multi-touch Now on Spica!General

1. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    Poopyfist likes this.
  2. tuxdogg

tuxdogg Member

i installed this earlier this morning and it works great! those samdroid guys are amazing at unlocking the hidden potential of this phone
  3. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member

Yep big improvement for the phone and the samdroid guys are soon releasing a new 3d drivers soon too. Kind of sucks that Samsung wasn't willing to give people what samdroid developers have done from the beginning.
  4. waxwrong

waxwrong Member

maybe you can help me out here, what is this multi touch and what is it used for
  5. tuxdogg

tuxdogg Member

multi touch means the screen can register 2 separate finger presses on the touch screen at the same time - its mainly used for "pinch" zooming on gmaps and gallery images etc.

at samdroid they also have a droidx ported keyboard which supports multitouch - which means you can hold down one letter and press another and it registers both. i've installed this but don't use it because i use swype as my keyboard
    waxwrong likes this.
  6. mcarag

mcarag Member

thank you so much for this!
    I finally have multi-touch. That was the only gripe I've had with the spica. I am in love with my phone all over again!
    :)
  7. Disharmony

Disharmony Member

How do you install it?
  8. tuxdogg

tuxdogg Member

is your phone rooted disharmony?
  9. ariawijaya

ariawijaya Member

works great on my spica...., all works fine, more powerfull i think...
  10. esstef

esstef New Member

sounds brilliant, but i'm all too confused on how to get it on my phone :S (noob)
  11. Mrcapo

Mrcapo Member

O.K so I spent half day rooting my phone. Now could any kind person tell me what to do next to get multi touch working??
  12. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

See here.. Samdroid Kitchen Mod
    Mrcapo likes this.
  13. Mrcapo

Mrcapo Member

I kind of got it working but can't use it. It works on the home screen to zoom out and I downloaded the test app from the video and it works but it does zoom in browser/maps or gallery. Anyone else the same. The other thing is the samdroid tools app I got doesn't work it just force closes straight away. Is that why??
  14. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Re-cook another Samdroid Kitchen Mod, and under Kernel choose

[x] Kernel [LK2.09.6 (Upd SamdroidTools -> Multitouch on/off)]
  15. yosemite

yosemite New Member

hey

say, i make a game on android using spica, if i code with the custom multi touch of this spica mod, will it also work on other smart phones?
  16. JimJam707

JimJam707 Member

You just need to code it to use multitouch. Any multitouch app works with this driver/
  17. umar shafi

umar shafi New Member

under kernel this option is not coming what should i doo
  18. umar shafi

umar shafi New Member

hey this option is not coming under kernel please help
  19. rahulvittal

rahulvittal Well-Known Member

There is no option as such is there? It will be included in the package and you will be good to go (i.e multi touch) from the beginning