Multi touch...or a typo error?Support

Last Updated:

1. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

**** me quick some one grab a screen shot of that!

So now they claim to have multi touch gotta love SE!

3. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

If at&t get a MT version im gonna be apocalyptically angry.. nice to see a tech reviewer who does it for a living state that it should of had MT anyway in this day and age...

4. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

My pap knows someone in the mobile phone business and according to him the phone can do MT but its just the SW stopping it. He said that SE will probably not release anything about it cause their new Android 3.0 phone should have this making people buy it, just like how Apple made people buy the iPhone 4 rather than the 3Gs.

I dont know how he knows this cause he wouldnt tell me and we got talking about something else. The best thing to do is wait and see and hope that SE do give us some sort of indication that the phone will never have MT.

5. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

I have an email from sony ericsson uk saying it can't do multi touch.

6. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

Are they just saying that?

Well if it cant then it cant. Someone will just have to develop some MT software and see if its a lie if they can be bothered.

Im not fussed cause I havent noticed that it needs it.

7. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Is sonystyle an official SE page?

8. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sony will only give you an official answer

there not gonna say it can do MT if you do A, B and C

We all know that "hackers" can do alot better with "unofficial" fw's / bootloaders etc

9. surf_r_dude

surf_r_dude Well-Known Member

ooh this only makes me want the people at XDA to hack the boot loader even more!

Because if they do, then they can finally test the different x10's to see if certain ones are capable of MT and if others aren't (Such as the AT&T one when compared to Rogers when compared to Voda Phone)

10. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

I doubt it would be a different phone, If they were paying for a unique and highly desired additional feature why not boast as such, they'd advertise some sort of exclusivity or at least insist on calling their phone the x10mt or something to escape the current stigmatism from all the unhappy owners complaining about it

Tl;dr they'd make a bigger deal out of it

11. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

its gonzo....now it just says it sports a 4" touch screen...the word multi is gone like dinner...............sigh..........

12. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

i reckon it was all just a con like when the execs said in interviews yes will have multitouch and then se said oh no it was never official statement.. think about it, funny how they made the same mistake again just as its being launched in the u.s.. lets face it se know they should of put MT in the device but let the accountants cheap out with none... how they are allowed to pull shit like this is shameful...

13. TommySixx81

TommySixx81 Well-Known Member

I just clicked the SonyStyle link and it no longer says "multi-touch" on it. Although it is something available on Android 2.1, the x10's screen type doesn't support it.

14. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

...yep..thats why i posted that...a day ago...look up two posts above yours....no multitouch............all the time...all day.

15. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

As mentioned, there will be NO MT for the X10. The hardware does not support it, so we will not be getting it, regardless of the OS. This has been stated by SE..

So, NO MT...............;~(

16. TommySixx81

Sometimes these things happen, maybe the guy doing the page got a bit carried away and wrote it then someone from SE pointed out it was wrong and had to change it.

Kinda like before the x10 came out, o2 uk had a picture of it on their smartphone page, right at the front, they had accessories for it on the accessories page yet they denied knowledge of it. Some people on the o2 forum even said that when they spoke to employees of o2 they hadn't heard of the x10 but thought it was the nokia x6. Shortly after, the page with the accessories was taken down, but the picture of it was still on the smartphone page.

Tell ya what, can't be that clued up if there are pictures of the phone on your company site and you've never heard of it!

On a further note about websites, I'm on vodafone and am registered on their website, but in my details I can't select the x10. It's not available on the dropdown list, yet you can buy it through the site!

17. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

18. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I won't believe anything until I see it. Nothing has been concrete and Sony's "blog" (never official statements) has stepped on it's own feet a few times

If Sony didn't make this phone MT capable, that's a pretty big oversight.

19. TommySixx81

So, now apparently the screen is capable of MT? Guess, we'll just have to wait till we get the update to find out the truth.

20. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

I know some people disassembled their X10 just for the kick of it, so maybe someone might know who's the manufacturer of the screen, and what the model number is, or whatever part is responsible for the "touch".

Maybe it's also possible to see that as we can see what parts make up our computers under different Unix systems?

Then, if we find this out, we could possibly find out. Until then, as TommySixx81 just said, we'll have to wait for the update.

21. TommySixx81

I discovered an app called Android system information. Maybe some of the techies here might understand this better, under screen it says:

Resolution: 480x854
    Refresh rate: 60.0
    X factor for DIP: 1.5
    Density: 240 dpi
    Pixel per inch: X 160.42878 dpi, Y 159.49677 dpi.

Anyone know off hand what the X factor thing is? (and don't say tv show! ;))

22. hal752

hal752 Well-Known Member

Don't think It's anything to do with multitouch.. Besides it wouldnt say if it was multi touch or not While running on 1.6. For starters the os doesnt no what it is

23. TommySixx81

I was just meaning regarding the screen type, not multi touch. Thanks anyway!

24. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Is the "touch" device (whatever the actual name) part of the screen or they're really two different parts put together? Because if they're different, knowing who built the screen wouldn't help.

Mystery......

25. the-dude

the-dude Member