Multi-touch Problem

Last Updated:

1. Barretta

Barretta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello guys.

Recently i noticed that the multi-touch on my Hero is not working correctly. For instance when I try to pinch zoom in the browser (default one) it doesn't happen, or it happens 1 out of 10 attempts. The strange thing is that if I restart the device the problem MAY disappear... but only for a short time... I noticed that the pinch zooming in the Albums app is far too easy to perform but still it doesn't understand the gesture from time to time.

I have the default (stock) ROM 2.73.xxx.xx and I have never rooted my phone. Once again, when I restart the phone for a very short time I don't have any problems with the pinch zooming - it just works as it is supposed to (like before a couple of months when I got my phone)...

I will appreciate any thoughts on this one, cos it is driving me crazy... I like the pinch zooming a lot.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Chnoch

Chnoch Member

do you have other problems with the touchscreen as well, when not using multitouch? (i.e. when writing something, or navigating in an app). then it would probably be a hardware issue. otherwise a hard reset may help, since it only occurs from time to time.

3. Barretta

Barretta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well... Except the "dead zone" around the "P" letter and "Backspace" on the keyboard (portrait mode) I don't experience any touch problems, but these are not related to the multi-touch problem since I don't use these zones to pinch zoom. Overall the display is very responsive...