multi-touch with 2.1 ?General

Last Updated:

1. brendanb581

brendanb581 Member This Topic's Starter

I've read on some websites that the screen does not support multitouch.. but some websites say 2.1 will bring this as it was a software limitation not a hardware one.

Can anyone confirm anything?

Brendan

Advertisement
  2. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 Well-Known Member

If you search this forum re multi touch, you will find that most posts say that the X10 will not get multi touch as it is actually a hardware limitation.

3. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

eugene speaks the truth a guy from sony is quoted saying that so I think it's pretty safe to say it's not gonna happen, although I think the mini does but it won't be implemented but that's just something I heard on here so not 100% on that and someone would have to get it working too with a custom rom or something

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

X10 and X10 mini pro will never have it due to the hardware but apperntly the X10 mini has a multi touch screen but as said it will not be activated. But a rooted X10 mini just might be able to activate it?

5. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Hmm, thats an interesting thought, rooting could activate it, that'd be cool!

But no, it wont get multi touch because the hardware doesnt support it. There are some sites/threads that say it does but, it was later said it wouldnt due to hardware. I know someone from SE said back late last year, it wouldnt at launch but would be added. Then someone else said it didnt after release and this guy came back and said, the other guy was correct, there wouldnt be multi touch and that, he didnt have all the info at the time or summit.

6. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Yeah thats some great marketing!

"It wont have multi touch at launch but it will get an update to make it work"

Then after the phone is released...

"Sorry you have brought the phone expecting multi touch but it never will! So thanks for believing or bullsh!t hype and thanks for your money and we made sure it was 3 months after release so you could not go back and demand a refund"

All the best Sony Ericsson x

7. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

yeah what a load of rubbish.. why put such a big screen and a beast snapdragon cpu in it if we can't enjoy a decent game on the thing... no multi touch equals crap games!!!
    i just hope sony makes use of the resistive screen multi touch hack that someone had going on engadget... whoever at sony decided to use a non multitouch screen in this device needs sacking demoting... that'd be like making a ps4 and using dvds again instead of blu ray dumb dumb dumb