Multi Window Not EnabledSupport

Last Updated: 2013-06-25 23:52:12
  1. seantgreen

seantgreen New Member

I have a Galaxy S4 for Sprint. I'm trying to use the multi-window function but to no avail. When I drag down the notification tab and go to hit multi-window, I can't turn it on or off. When I access the same multi-window setting through the display panel I see the check box next to multi-window is unchecked but when I try and check it I have no luck. Anyone have a similar issue?

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

did you hold the back button with it turned on?
  3. rafy_22

rafy_22 New Member

I have the same issue. Couldn't enable multi screen.
    tried holding back button and multi screen at the same
    time. But the screen goes dark and set hangs for a minute.
    any help will be appreciated.
  4. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

i can enable multi window on my Sprint GS4, only problem is all checking this appears to do is enable the side toolbar with application icons. That's the only thing I notice that's different when I enable multi window. What is it supposed to do?
  5. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand the problem..... Hold down the back button till the side bar shows up... Drag two icons you want to use over to the right. Are you doing that?
  6. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

Ok, now I see the 2 windows. I didn't realize you had to drag icons from the sidebar to your desktop in order to use 2 things at once.

Is that the only way (dragging icons from sidebar) to get 2 apps to show on your screen at the same time?
  7. Roll-Tide

How else would the phone know which two apps that you want to use at the same time?
  8. Roll-Tide

The only thing that the toggle in the notification area does is turn the function on or off... It has nothing to do with activating it.
  9. seantgreen

seantgreen New Member

Yes I am doing that and the side bar is not popping up.
  10. Roll-Tide

And the toggle in the notification bar is on?
  11. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Besides novelty, what is the functional value of multi window on a 5" display? I can see it with a tablet, but seems too tiny for a phone to be useful. Seems a battery drainer with little merit.
  12. Roll-Tide

One of those things that are just nice to have if you need it.... I've used it a few times, it comes in handy from time to time. I'd rather have it and not need it
  13. tytlyf

tytlyf Well-Known Member

When it's activated you should see a little half-moon tab on the side of the screen (left or right side). I keep it disabled on my phone and have turned off a ton of stuff. I just now turned it on from the drop down and noticed the half-moon tab on the side of the screen.
  14. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

same here. i actually just started using it after initially turning it off and forgetting about it. comes in handy for times when i'm doing emails and want to look at my calendar at the same time, or if i'm in the browser and want to make an s note for something, copying and pasting between two different apps is also a lot easier when you can see both apps at the same time. i don't use it a lot, but i like having the feature.

for rooted users another app that makes multi window even more useful is multi window manager. it allows you to use other apps that aren't natively supported in the multi window panel.
  15. seantgreen

seantgreen New Member

It won't let me toggle the notification bar on.

[​IMG]
  16. Roll-Tide

Well then I'm stumped. Aside from a reboot or factory reset I don't know what else to do
  17. WalkaboutDavid

WalkaboutDavid Well-Known Member

That's odd as hell.

I notice you are on Sprint. Are others on Sprint here having problems like this? I mention the provider, because VZW likes to disable features on their phones (I don't have blocking mode, for example). So, maybe this is some odd Sprint "feature?"