• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multi Window

There is a short list of stock apps that you can add. If you want to be able to edit that list further and load third party apps not listed you can install Multi Window Manager from the Play Store. It does require root but you're able to add any app to the multi-window setup.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bjbinc.mwmphone

Upvote 0
Good answers. Op's question is answered, so I wonder if I might hijack this thread...

Does anyone find the feature useful? What kinds of things do you do with it?

As for me, I find it mildly useful for quickly pulling up a menu of apps (although not as good as gesture launchers like swipepad). I haven't really been able to do much useful with two windows open. If I try to edit anything, the keypad hides the other window. Maybe on a tablet it would be useful, but for our phone I've given up on it. But maybe I'm missing something...I'm curious if others have found useful things to do with this feature.

Upvote 0
electricpete;[URL="tel:6394650" said:
6394650[/URL]]Good answers. Op's question is answered, so I wonder if I might hijack this thread...

Does anyone find the feature useful? What kinds of things do you do with it?

As for me, I find it mildly useful for quickly pulling up a menu of apps (although not as good as gesture launchers like swipepad). I haven't really been able to do much useful with two windows open. If I try to edit anything, the keypad hides the other window. Maybe on a tablet it would be useful, but for our phone I've given up on it. But maybe I'm missing something...I'm curious if others have found useful things to do with this feature.

I feel ya on this. Its a good feature, but can be much better if other 3rd party apps can be added with this feature. If I'm not mistaken, if you use the stock Samsung keyboard, it can be moved around on the screen. This way you can type with out covering up the second app.

Upvote 0
I've never really found the stock options useful myself but as a rooter with the option of putting any app in the window it's come in handy posting on this site. I've used it to post pictures from photobucket or track down the system file someone wanted using root explorer but I suppose unrooted users could be watching something on YouTube while searching the web

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones