• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multi Windows: Is Samsung the Only Game in Town?

Yeah Cyanogen wanted to do it and google threatened to block devices using cyanogen from Play Store. Thats the power they have lol. Even with Samsung, unless you root and use a custom app, the choice of compatable apps is pathetic.
Multi Window (rooted) is one of the main things i miss about Touchwiz

Being the biggest phone manufacturer and seller of Android phones has its benefits. :)

Upvote 0
Google still made Sammy cripple it.

I found I couldn't use it for anything that would actually be useful to me (ie play store apps).

IMO halo is/will be a much better implementation of "multiwindow"

Actually, it would depend on the app developer. More and more apps are getting updated with "support for Samsung S Pen and MultiWindow" nowadays.

Upvote 0
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
@RXpert, thats a long but eye-opening read.
So would anyone here choose to give up their right to rate and review Play apps and have a multi window type feature?
I like reviewing apps so its a hard one...

Well, Samsung got around that issue by not allowing almost all play store apps to be used for multi window.

that crippled the functionality, so their implementation isn't worth it for me.

If I could use all play apps and not rate, that's fine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones