1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

MultiBubbles

Last Updated:

1. doink123

doink123 Member This Topic's Starter

*** The game is now called Bebbled ***

Hi guys,
    I'm one of the ADC2 participants and I'm writing here, because first I wanted to show you my game, second: to tell you about the small prizes I'm giving to promote the game, and third (and very important) I really want the get all the feedback you might be willing to give me even if you think the game is very bad and you don't like it at all.

So, the game is called MultiBubbles and is a remake of the classic jawbreaker titles you might have seen all over the internet. I made sure to implement all the cool features you might have seen in such a game.

- It has 6 different game types including the classic Shifter and MegaShift.

- Campaigns mode with 18 different levels (pls don't hate me if levels 6 and 11 are too hard)

- Freestyle mode where you can pop bubbles in a popping-spree

- Online ranking - currently only tournament is supported, but soon you will be able to play against other players.

- Polished graphics (I tried very hard).

- Color-blind friendly and support for left-handed people

- Support for devices with different resolutions (HTC Tattoo), devices with or without accelerometers and touch screens. I tried to make the game work out of the box on every device supported by android, which was hard and took me a lot of time.

You can find the game by browsing the android developer challenge 2 entries, or by downloading Multi Bubbles Lite directly from the Android Market.

Now, about the prizes I'm giving:
    You can win up to $250 if you enter in the online tournament. At the end of the tournament I will send the prizes via PayPal. Everyone can enter as long as they have a paypal account. You can see the terms and conditions here

About the feedback:
    Please tell me everything you think about the game. Good, bad, you hate it, you love it, don't like something...

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. theman

theman Member

what is this about??? i dont get it

3. doink123

You have to pop bubbles. There are certain rules, of course. You have to find same-colored bubbles that are near each other (2 or more) and pop them by double tapping on them. The field gets rearranged. You can also rearrange it if you rotate your device upside-down. The bigger the group you pop, the more points you get. You can get a mega bonus if you pop two or more groups, which consist of 5 or more bubbles, one after the other.

Now, you can ask what's the purpose of popping bubbles like that?
    There is one - the campaign levels. You must achieve different goals in order to complete the levels. Example goals: make at least 200 points, complete the level in 20 moves, complete the level by clearing all bubbles, complete the level in time, make at least 5 mega bonuses. And all these rules can be combined.

You can get help in the game by pressing the Menu button while you are at the main game screen.

4. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Graphics look excellent. Effort well spent.

5. doink123

Thanks spottyelephant.
    Do you think that the menus and buttons look too "standard" for a game?

I used the normal android widgets and didn't want to customize them, because I wanted the game to look like a native application and when somebody looks at it he would recognize it as an android app. The other cool thing about the standard widgets is that they would change if the device's standard theme is different. So, now if you have a Motorola CLIQ (I tried this in the Motorola emulator) the buttons become black with a nice gradient and when tapped become red. The whole game interface becomes like a Motorola CLIQ native app, which I think is very cool.

You like the graphics, but didn't tell what you don't like.

6. HER0

HER0 Active Member

Fantastic game, looks and feels amazing!

For some positive construction I would say the long written introduction was a bit too much and could perhaps be put under a help menu or something?

Excellent game though, thanks

Edit: sorry I didn't realise the long instructions were only there on the first opening so I retract my statement. Will play some more :)

7. doink123

Thank you HERO.
    I'm really trying to improve the game. I've released 4 updates in the past week. The latest update (1.6) adds vibrations when you make a mega bonus. Of course the vibrations can be turned off from the options menu.

The biggest thing I'm working on is the multiplayer, where you will be able to play against other players on the same board.

8. HER0

HER0 Active Member

Just thought I would let you know....

I cannot complete level 6 after a couple of days worth of go's! Is it possible?

Highest I have had is 312 and I need 400 :eek:

Very addicting gameplay, you deserve more credit for this!

9. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Just had a quick go. I can see this taking up my life for the next few weeks at least!

Many, many thanks for this. We need good quality games on android if we are to be noticed properly. It's only the market contents that are letting us down a bit now, but it's getting there. :)

10. doink123

Yes, it's possible. I personally managed to complete level 6 three or four times, but my girlfriend hates me, because of it :)
    There's also a guy in the Android Market comments, who claims that he has completed the campaign.

To complete it, try to make a good use of the rotation function to rearrange the bubbles (rotate the phone upside-down).

If you still can't complete the level in several days, I'll make a walkthrough.
    BTW, keep in mind that level 11 is harder. It will be your worst nightmare :)

11. doink123

Currently Android has a huge momentum, because of the holidays and all the new devices. A lot of people will buy Android phones and the android user base will increase maybe 2 or 3 times. If we, the developers, manage to show our high-quality content to these users during the holidays, almost all users will be happy with their devices. This means the device manufacturers will be happy too, and will be willing to create more android based devices.

I think the upcoming holiday season is a chance in a lifetime for everyone.

12. doink123

I've changed the name of the game. Multi Bubbles is now called Bebbled. The website can be accessed by http://bebbled.com

I hope you like the new name and the new app icon. BTW, Bebbled has full support for HTC Tattoo.

13. girl123m

girl123m Member

I love love love this game, thinking of uninstalling cause I can't get through level 11. I am very frustrated cause I am all about beating these games. Dangit I need a simple clue to move on.... this is the best app game yet, it has moved one notch up from Jewelust which I have beat. Thanks for the game but I need a clue plzzz..... thanks

14. doink123

Level 11 is a very, very hard one. There is no tip for it, you just have to find a way. But don't worry if you can't. I'm preparing an update, which will make the difficulty level adapt to the player skills. This update is scheduled for mid January.

15. girl123m

girl123m Member

No Kidding, Good Grief I know there is a way I've gotten really close a few times but no success. Ok I will definatley be waiting on the update. Thanks

16. cjb695

cjb695 Active Member

I like this game alot...i just played it a little but it is going to be one of my top 3 apps for time wasting...thanks

17. girl123m

girl123m Member

ok i got really close last night on beating campaign 11 , couldnt figure out why my turns were doubling so now i know.. every time i used the rotation to switch the balls i lost a turn. is that the way it is suppose to do?? JW, cause without rotating it is near impossible to complete... I was able to beat X-mas #6 with rotating every time it was quite simple

18. VBDROID

VBDROID Member

ok i got really close last night on beating campaign 11 , couldnt figure out why my turns were doubling so now i know.. every time i used the rotation to switch the balls i lost a turn. is that the way it is suppose to do?? JW, cause without rotating it is near impossible to complete... I was able to beat X-mas #6 with rotating every time it was quite simple

How did you beat level six on the xmas channel....I can't figure it out!

19. girl123m

girl123m Member

I used the rotation feature on every move it set the bubbles up in multiples of 5 or more so it racked the points pretty quickly. My phone had to be reset yesterday so I'm in the process of redoing all the levels I completed the first time. Ugh. I hope this helped, Good Luck

20. m5houston

m5houston New Member

Doink123,
    I really appreciate you getting this game out. I remember playing the basic version of this game back when I had the HTC Hermes. Very addicting, I remember.
    I will definitely spread the word on this one.
    You should edit your first post about the game's name change.

21. sam4327

sam4327 New Member

I'm stuck on level 11 on original campaign and level 8 on Christmas campaign. I got there without knowing about the rotate function. So it is possible. Any hints on these levels? Guess I should learn to use the rotate.

22. skyline987

skyline987 Well-Known Member

By far the best jawbreaker game i've found for android so far!! Only problem i have is the rotation isn't working with my Droid's accelerometer. I've been using the manual rotate button.

23. thedorkygirl

thedorkygirl New Member

Hi! Yeah, I'm stuck on level 11, too! day 1 -- stuck in the low 100s. Day 2-3, in the low 200s. Day 3-4, I moved into the mid to high 200s. I'm just beginning day 5, and last night I got to 388 points in 19 moves with two bebbles left. Damnit!!

24. misan23

misan23 Well-Known Member

Great game, very well made and looks great too.

25. thedorkygirl

thedorkygirl New Member

I beat level 11 about thirty minutes ago! Am now on level 13! It can be done!!!