Multicolour LED?

Last Updated:

1. piannetta

piannetta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, just a quick one from me. Had my Desire for a couple of weeks, loving it!! But I've been reading forums and the like and seeing the odd mention of the notification LED being able to display more than the green and orange mine has only ever displayed.

I was wondering if someone can confirm that the Desire has a multicolour LED and if so, how can I get the other colours to display?

Cheers,
    Pete

Advertisement
  2. nicmel

nicmel Well-Known Member

In Handcent (SMS app) you can set different colours to show when you have a text message.

I have mine set to show blue for example, but red and purple are also available, Im sure other colours are too.

piannetta and halcyondays like this.
  3. Saint2710

Saint2710 Well-Known Member

I use Handcent too and can confirm that Blue and Cyan work ok, not tried others.

4. dawson258

dawson258 Well-Known Member

Ive used handcent so i know that gettin various colours is posible, however i prefer the stock sms app, so could anybody reccomend an app what can change the led notification colour alone?

piannetta likes this.
  5. DesirableHTC

DesirableHTC Well-Known Member

i use chomp sms and can change LED notifications too :)

piannetta likes this.
  6. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Magenta works, using Handcent. :) Funny, but you can see the different color LEDs flashing to produce that color.

Tim

7. piannetta

Thanks everyone, I've installed Handcent and it seems to work. Thanks heaps for the advice. Would love an app that allows you to customise the colour across the board. Why not exploit this feature?

Thanks again

Pete

8. piannetta

Another quick question, with Handcent, I still get the Android notification envelope in the notification bar as well as the Handcent one. Eventhough I have the setting to mark as read set, when I dsimiss the popup the Android notification is still there unless I go into the message itself. Anyone know how to stop this please?

9. diS

diS Well-Known Member

Go to your standard messaging app, when in the list of conversations press the menu button, scroll down till you find the thing called: receipt notification. Turn that off and you should be fine :)

piannetta likes this.
  10. Hardcore

Hardcore Well-Known Member

Disable all the notifications in the standard sms app and you will be fine!!!!!

piannetta likes this.
  11. piannetta

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I did as you suggested but also had to specifically set the sound in Handcent as it was silent. All good now.

Although the LED sometimes goes a bit crazy and I've also noticed that Handcent must somehow override the LED for other things, for instance, after I get an SMS, I find the orange charging LED doesn't light up again unless I unplug and replug the device. Odd, not worrying me, but odd though

12. joela85

joela85 Member

i've got chomp sms, it says you can change the colours but when i try this, nothing happens, any ideas?

13. diS

diS Well-Known Member

It has got something to do with ChompSMS itself.

They claim that they can't change the HTC Desire's LED colour software-wise.

Although it is possible.

Check this site out: HTC Desire - LED Colour Fails - chompSMS

The app they give there at the last post does work. So it's down to the developpers of ChompSMS to change there software for Desire users :)

joela85 likes this.