• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multicolour LED?

Hi, just a quick one from me. Had my Desire for a couple of weeks, loving it!! But I've been reading forums and the like and seeing the odd mention of the notification LED being able to display more than the green and orange mine has only ever displayed.

I was wondering if someone can confirm that the Desire has a multicolour LED and if so, how can I get the other colours to display?

Cheers,
Pete

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I did as you suggested but also had to specifically set the sound in Handcent as it was silent. All good now.

Although the LED sometimes goes a bit crazy and I've also noticed that Handcent must somehow override the LED for other things, for instance, after I get an SMS, I find the orange charging LED doesn't light up again unless I unplug and replug the device. Odd, not worrying me, but odd though

Upvote 0
i've got chomp sms, it says you can change the colours but when i try this, nothing happens, any ideas?

It has got something to do with ChompSMS itself.

They claim that they can't change the HTC Desire's LED colour software-wise.

Although it is possible.

Check this site out: HTC Desire - LED Colour Fails - chompSMS

The app they give there at the last post does work. So it's down to the developpers of ChompSMS to change there software for Desire users :)

Reactions: joela85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones