1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Multimedia Dock Options?

1. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

I love the multimedia dock except for one thing, it's too bright at night. The light bulb icon does make dimmer and more relaxed, but the buttons on the bottom of the phone are lit up to full brightness. Anyone know of any apps or options within the phone's software that allows me to turn off the buttons?

Also, anyone have any app recommendations for setting notifications? I'd like my phone to ring at night only when it's in its cradle. Right now, to keep it from chirping with every email, I have to set it to silent, which also turns the phone ringer off.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Aquineas

Aquineas Active Member

I have been looking for something as well. Actually, I'd like to even be able to buy the official Multimedia Station (they seem to be out of stock everywhere). I reasoned that in a couple of months there will be a ton of 3rd party stuff.
  3. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

It's a very cool accessory. I'm just anxious to see what developers come up with.
  4. CoolKidd

CoolKidd Member

Check "dockrunner" on the market... this saved me $30 on buying the multimedia station....
  5. Moose

Moose Active Member

While it is cool that someone did create an app to launch the multimedia home screen, that doesn't really eliminate the use of the dock. I like the dock, I have it on my desk right now, and use it for more that just the alternative home screen.

Both docks were quite well thought out, especially the car dock.
  6. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

i was lucky enough to get a multimedia docking station when i purchased my droid 3 days ago...the employee helping me really hooked it up...he sold me the docking station for $30 and gave me the body glove black case and the car charger for free...:D
  7. adamrobles

adamrobles Member

that app worked great! I may not buy the dock now with that. Thanks for saving me $30.
  8. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

The dock is still awesome, got mine in today. To the above that was looking for a dock, call Verizon at 1-800-256-4646, hit 1, then I think 1 again, got to a person in like 10 seconds once there, and I was able to get 2 ordered yesterday, and I just got them today. I tried dockrunner, but I love this dock, its sturdy and EASY, slides right on no hassle.
  9. westside

westside Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any docking stations in the works that will have AV outs? I'd like a docking station that has speakers at minimum...
  10. Moose

Moose Active Member

Yeah, I would have like it to have an Audio out too, but give it time and there will be hundreds of options, some good, some junk.
  11. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Dockrunner is very cool. You can still access Home and it leaves the home screen rotated :)
  12. ursine1

ursine1 Member

Just got my dock; love the functionality and the dock itself is nicely weighted and holds the phone at the perfect angle.

But one thing I cannot understand: if this is supposed to be a "multimedia" dock, why in the world doesn't it have any outputs? At a minimum an audio line out. How very odd.
  13. Droidzilla

Droidzilla Well-Known Member

First thing I thought when I saw it. Decided to wait. The car dock is great!
  14. ursine1

ursine1 Member

Except it doesn't come with a cigarette lighter cable. Again, very odd. (Especially since the Motorola website says it *does*.)
  15. Droidzilla

I had to argue with the VZW store, and then show them the site, before they would believe me on the charger. Ended up getting one added for half price...:rolleyes:
  16. PsychoKlown

PsychoKlown Member

Verizon sells one, but you can buy a retractable charger for $0.01 + shipping. I can link if you want.

As far as the home dock, I like docking my phone. It doesn't bother me at night and the alarm is cool. You could check out Locale which can change settings depending on what time it is, where you're located, and more.
  17. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Couple of quick questions -

(1) Car dock for Droid: Best price/vendor?
    (2) I'm looking for a set of bluetooth over-the ear headphones that I can use while riding my motorcycle (will need to fit inside a full-face helmet) and while at the gym. Easily accessible volume control a must. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  18. Droidzilla

I use the Backbeat 905's. Not over the ear, but fantastic none the less.
  19. PsychoKlown

PsychoKlown Member

1 - Because the dock uses magnets placed in a specific location, I believe that for now it is the only dock that will automatically place the phone in Car Mode. Chances are there are already docks heading to the market. IMO $30 isn't too expensive for a dock.

2 - I know there are helmets designed with bluetooth headsets built in. I'll ask my buddies who ride.
  20. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

that doc app caused me problems when trying to get back to the normal home screen it gave me a repeated error i tried uninstalling that wouldnt work either i rebooted the phone then uninstalled and then everything was back to normal
  21. sidewinder

sidewinder New Member

What stores/sites actually have the multimedia stations available? Verizon does not (anywhere that I've looked).
  22. PsychoKlown

PsychoKlown Member

Most Verizon stores will order it for you and have it delivered to your house.
  23. Livinlife

Livinlife Member

Just got my dock. I've got pandora running in the "background" but don't have any controls other than volume while the phone is docked. Is there any way to change to configuration to allow for Pandora control while docked?
  24. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

You have to "run" the app again to turn it off. Kinda weird.
  25. thaJack

thaJack Well-Known Member

Yeah... it wouldn't surprise me if someone made a plugin for Locale that would apply settings based on whether or not it is in one of the docks.

For example, if plugged into the multimedia dock, turn brightness down to 0% or 10%.. maybe all the way up if in the Car dock or whatever.

My only gripe about adjusting brightness with Locale is that you can't tell it to go back into Dynamic mode.