Multimedia dock screen for eris?General

Last Updated:

1. ECU_Snare

ECU_Snare Member This Topic's Starter

So I was bored the other night and made a dock for my eris out of some blank cd's, super glue, and rubber non-clip material. Im trying to find an app or program that is just like the screen when the moto droid is plugged into the multimedia dock (you know, the screen with the time, date, music and weather). Ive already tried a program called DockRunner, but it FCs every time. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Custom Car Home.

3. ECU_Snare

Thanks

How do I get it to look like this?

[​IMG]

4. Cajun83

You got me there. :)

Never really played with the app much... also, I can't use my phone on the dock in landscape mode because my polarized sunglasses block the screen out. lol

I'll tool around with it and see what I come up with.

5. ECU_Snare

I was wondering, because I already have car home on my eris. I cant remember which forum I found the .apk on, but it runs like a champ.

6. Cajun83

ah... don't think you can set this one up like that. Not many settings to choose from.

Maybe someone else will chime in with more help.

7. ECU_Snare

com.android.deskclock.apk

I found this on another site. The only things I dont like about it are the FCs when you click on the music link and how it always comes up when you press the home button.

8. santeezi03

santeezi03 Member

The only thing on the Eris SIMILAR is Googles relatively new "Navigation" app (the one with the blue arrow). I've done research and tried every other car dock on the market, and they suck. The google nav app supports landscape mode too. It's not as PRETTY as the Moto Droid Car Dock, but it gets the job done for now. I'm certain they'll release one shortly.

9. ECU_Snare

Maybe I should be more specific....the dock I made is actually for the home (I already have the Car Home app ported over from a MOTO droid). I was looking for a program that is similar to the screen I posted above. That specific screen is activated when the moto droid is placed into the multimedia home dock.