Multimedia Dock

Last Updated:

1. pochaco

pochaco Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys and gals, has anyone seen the Multimedia Dock for the Droid for sale anywhere online? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. OctoMom

OctoMom Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm looking for it as well. When I bought my Droid they only had 6 of them and they sold out before I could grab one and I haven't found any more in stores in this area or online.

3. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Saw one online but they were charging $45 for it... didn't even bother checking how much of a ripoff their shipping would be.

4. Deofol

Deofol Active Member

They are not on the Verizon accessory store ether.

5. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

My salesguy ordered one for me when I bought the phone Friday. He said it should arrive at my house on Tuesday.

6. OctoMom

Yeah I noticed that and I have no idea why they are not on there, seems like a no brainer to me, that's the first place I went to try to order one.

7. Robobandit

Robobandit Well-Known Member

I had some trouble finding one.. one verizon store offered to order one for me.. but I found another store that had one left.. my local stores for around 90 droids each but only 6-7 docks.. seems silly to me.

I really like the dock.. clock mode is very useful.. I just wish I could make the music button call on my replacement for the built-in music app.

8. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

I have the dock and I LOVE it. Just make sure that it seats properly....drained my battery last night :) Tossing out my old nasty alarm clock now!

9. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

Nidisa how snug does the phone fit in there? Would a droid with a hard shell case (one of those black ones they were selling at the verizon store) fit in it? Or just it juuuust fit in there.

10. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

You cannot dock it with a case on the phone...or at least not the case that covers the slide out keyboard. That is a pain, but....I just ordered the Invisible Shield for the Droid to be able to protect the phone AND be able to dock it! For now, I just remove the part of the plastic case I bought when I dock the phone. I'll report back when I get the Shield and let you know how that works...although looking at the information on it, it should not impede docking.

11. OctoMom

Thanks, I was wondering about this as well.

12. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Is there any way to have the music shortcut launch tunewiki?

13. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

as in it won't fit, correct? because the magnets will work through the cover (tried it with a fridge magnet lol). Maybe I'll build something :p

14. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

Right, with a case on the phone (the keyboard part) it won't seat into the dock to make contact with the usb.

15. nwgman

nwgman Member

+1

Or MixZing? I love the dock but hate the stock Android media Player and would love to know how to change the default option for the music icon.

16. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

I haven't found any apps yet that let you customize the dock. Hopefully they will come out shortly because I'd like to be able to dim the screen a little more as well as turn off the lighted keys on the side (home key, menu key, etch.) Having them on seems like a waste at night when it's used as my alarm clock.