Multipicture - different wallpapers on every home screenTips

Last Updated: 2012-11-11 18:44:18
  1. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

Now you can finally have different wallpapers on every home screen with the free live wallpaper app 'multipicture'

MultiPicture Live Wallpaper - Android app on AppBrain

It works fine on my desire, if your running launcherpro, make sure you untick the option in launcherpro preferences that prevents the wallpaper scrolling when you change homescreens or the app won't work.

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice app! Seen your work in the Homescreens topic.

You could actually make a set of Homescreens with the app names or custom app icons embedded on the wallpaper in just the right place, then add transparent icons to the homescreen.
  3. CarsnGadgets

yeah, I was considering doing that, but I change my apps so often I would have to alter the backgrounds every time I moved an icon or changed an app.

once I decide on a semi permanent layout I will probably try it.

cheers.
  4. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be as hard as you think, depending on how you create the wallpaper.

I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10. It's a fairly old program but it does everything I need. What I would do is create a custom icon for each app/shortcut and save them in a folder. Then create a set of wallpapers, adjusting the canvas and image size to suit, and save it as a .png file (or .png plus as DIS 10 calls it).

So, I open a wallpaper, and add icon graphics to the right places and save the file. Because it's .png, the icons are on separate layers, allowing them to be removed and replaced at any time without having to start a new wallpaper from the start. Got a new app? Just drag the old icon off the canvas and add a new graphic to the existing .png file.

Once it's set up for the first time, changing things only takes a couple of minutes longer than it would take to transfer a new icon from your PC to your phone.
  5. CarsnGadgets

Thanks,

I'm using a combination of Photoshop and Illustrator.

Its not that hard to do, or that time consuming to be honest, I just havent got round to doing it.

I quite like having the default icons for some of the apps actually.

But Its definately possible and I will probably have a go at some point. :0)

cheers Eris Ed.
  6. Pale James

Pale James Member

Does anybody know if it's possible to have a live wallpaper (Such as the terratime globe) for 1 screen, but have static images for the rest?

Been trying to do it with multipicture live wallpaper but have not been successful!
  7. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

used this, very please with outcome, just need to try and sorta match so there isnt too big a difference between each one or it wont look too good imo
  8. rdwray

rdwray Member

This application does not work on Android 2.4.7 - the settings are not available and it only shows the standard wallpaper provided with the phone.