• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multipicture - different wallpapers on every home screen

yeah, I was considering doing that, but I change my apps so often I would have to alter the backgrounds every time I moved an icon or changed an app.

It wouldn't be as hard as you think, depending on how you create the wallpaper.

I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10. It's a fairly old program but it does everything I need. What I would do is create a custom icon for each app/shortcut and save them in a folder. Then create a set of wallpapers, adjusting the canvas and image size to suit, and save it as a .png file (or .png plus as DIS 10 calls it).

So, I open a wallpaper, and add icon graphics to the right places and save the file. Because it's .png, the icons are on separate layers, allowing them to be removed and replaced at any time without having to start a new wallpaper from the start. Got a new app? Just drag the old icon off the canvas and add a new graphic to the existing .png file.

Once it's set up for the first time, changing things only takes a couple of minutes longer than it would take to transfer a new icon from your PC to your phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks,

I'm using a combination of Photoshop and Illustrator.

Its not that hard to do, or that time consuming to be honest, I just havent got round to doing it.

I quite like having the default icons for some of the apps actually.

But Its definately possible and I will probably have a go at some point. :0)

cheers Eris Ed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones