Multiple Active Android Phones on One GMail

Last Updated:

1. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 13, 2009
    Is it possible to have two different android phones (with different phone numbers and different carriers) using one single gmail account?

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

dont see why not. try it and find out.
  3. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    On one GMail account, I got a -

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (unlocked international version)
    HTC Desire (unlocked Asian edition)
    Droid Incredible
    Droid Eris (no longer phone connected but I can use it with wifi)
    T-Mobile MyTouch 3G
    Nexus One

I am using them with two different carriers. A third or fourth when I am abroad (switching SIMs). One phone is permanently on, which is the Droid Incredible, and all the others make up my secondary phone which I sync SIMs. Sort of my phone of the week whenever my mood warrants it. Like last week it was the Galaxy S, today its the Nexus One. The Droid Eris acts like an iPod Touch nowadays though, since its on CDMA and its line has been taken over by the Droid Incredible.

Gmail all work with all of them, all synced. So is the Calendar and Contacts.

Better yet, if I get a Gmail, they all get it. If I make a contact change, they all get it too. All the phones are constantly syncing so that GMail, Calendar and Contacts are identical with each other.

If you have one Android phone with one carrier, and you signed up another Android phone with another carrier, the moment you login to your GMail account on the second phone, all your Google contacts will start syncing into the new phone, and you will be ready to call and text within minutes.

Your Android Market remembers all paid apps from your first phone which you can download for free on the second.

Your Google Calendar will sync into the new phone.

The Gmail account on the second Android will mirror that of the first.

Contact changes you make in any of the two phones will start mirroring each other.

No one talks about it much but Android is the dream mobile OS for a phone collector.
    stevenlong likes this.
  4. marcimpala

marcimpala Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Thanks I was looking for this answer as I too travel abroad much of the time and plan to use my t-mobile for wifi calling and the HTC Wildfire for switching SIMs.

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Jul 9, 2010
    It works just fine. Currently I've got a Droid X, Witstech A81-E, NookColor, and Viewsonic G-tablet all using the same Gmail account. Only downside is that when I get a new Gmail message all four (plus my desktop PC) provide audible notification of the message.