Multiple apps open on different screens?General

Last Updated: 2012-01-18 17:01:27
  1. fusion1275

fusion1275 Active Member

As stated above... is this possible on the 10.1?

I would like a spreadsheet open on one desktop and a browser on another and someway to flick between them???

Im guessing no and will have to resort back to my ubuntu dell mini for the task.

Cheers all.

Advertisement
  2. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member

Well you can have them both open and switch between them with the running apps button, but it definitely won't be as efficient as on a computer.
  3. fusion1275

fusion1275 Active Member

Hmmm bummer!

So all those desktop screens are literally there for show and to store icons/widgets?

Nothing productive like to switch screens on open apps. Seems a waste to me.
  4. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member

Yes The screens are just there for your apps, shortcuts, widgets; similar to your android phone. If what I understand your saying is you want to switch apps by just swiping through the screen then the running apps button is really only 2 quick clicks to switch. I switch between browser and many other apps quite fast through this. Also if your wanting quick multitasking, try swipepad. You can choose a location on your tab near the sides or corners, you drag from there to the center and it brings up 12 customize shortcuts that you can configure when you start it up. One of my favorite apps, especially for the phone.
  5. fusion1275

fusion1275 Active Member

Thanks DC1022, that was very helpful. I shall look into your suggestion.

Thanks all for clearing that up.
  6. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member

No problem, hope it helps at least in some way :)