Multiple apps starting at same time...

Last Updated:

1. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm runing my Sprint Hero on Fresh 2.0d rom and I have handcent sms and skyfire installed. When I run handcent sms the stock messenger app also starts up as well. When I run skyfire, the stock browser starts up also. I know this by looking at advanced task killer....Has anyone else noticed this?

Is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure it's normal with handcent and the stock messenger. I have noticed it on mine too. I don't know about the browser though, I just use the stock one.

3. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

I believe that there are some apps that run all the time. Even if you kill them they return shortly. These two are of that category. If they are not the default and you have notifications turrned off, they will just sit there doing nothing.
    Good Luck!

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

as i understand it...
    these apps are just a portal/terminal for the stock apps.
    the stock apps are what really do the real grunt work. the other 2 apps are just making it pretty for u, and processing and presenting the same information differently.

5. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

The way I understand it all the messaging apps use as a backend certain parts of the stock messenger. Specifically, the database is what I have read, or so I remember.

Also, if you have handcent and remove the stock app I believe you still get sms, but not mms. Or at least this is how it was on the Behold 2 and/or Moment.

I would not be surprised if Skyfire is using much of the underlying stock browser also.