• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple Boost CS Entries in Contacts

foon

Lurker
Mar 30, 2014
I have dozens of Boost Mobil customer service listings appearing in my contacts/phone book. The following: Call balance, Call Reboost, Care Services and My Account all show up 31 times at last count. I have deleted them before but they come back one by one. I suspect they are inserted every time I turn the phone on every morning. My girlfriend has the same phone with Boost service and she has the same problem. I have been in touch with Boost techs and they have never seen this and have no solution. The phones are not modified in any way other than the usual apps installed. I don't know if this is a Boost issue or ZTE issue, probably a combination of both. Any ideas? Ever seen this before? Thanks

Does "clear data" mean all my contacts would be deleted? I saw that option but was afraid to do it for fear of wiping out my contacts.

All my contacts are synced with google and backed up with Titanium Backup and Lookout. That being said, when I cleared the data the only thing that changed was the duplicate problem. As far as I could tell the phone didn't download or restore anything, it just started up without the problem

Reactions: doog and foon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones