multiple contacts facebook oversyncing-- fixed? (1.3.2?)Support

Last Updated:

1. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, i had a problem w/ facebook super over syncing my contacts. I would click in handcent to text someone, look up their contact, and literally, there would be like 30 of the same email. it slowed down my phone so much I could not make a phone call and it would force close all the time. finally, i hard reset.

Now, i have facebook set back up, NOT facebook for sense (battery issues). however, i want my contacts to have their facebook pic show up in handcent and in People ( the contacts app).

1. htc eluded that 1.3.2 should be stable... is anyone having problems w/ the newest facebook app? (super slowness, double syncing?)
    2. can you sync contacts properly in the new 1.3.2 facebook app?

thanks, guys!

Advertisement
  2. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

try fiddling with the settings some more.

but did you "link" each contact? on the top right of each contact you can click link and select all the contact entries that apply to each person. It might take time but def worth it

3. funkpod

no, the problem wasn't simply due to linking contacts... my contacts when viewing them were fine... at first. but then my phone book like..."grew", and i couldn't even view my contacts cuz facebook was OVER OVER syncing them, it would force close my contacts.

do you have 1.3.2? i guess if you do, and you are syncing your contacts, maybe the problem is fixed or a problem only for me a some other users.

4. icn4d

icn4d Active Member

had the same problem I ended up killing the sync all together and then setting it back up only takes a minute and works fine now.....no multiple contacts.

5. funkpod

HMm.... so now you have facebook for htc sense running on your phone? do you have friendstream running? does this lead to battery problems for you?

thanks

6. icn4d

icn4d Active Member

I don't use friend stream,last I checked it was a give juice hog. I just integrate with contacts and phone still goes to sleep. Now, its not to say this thing wont go all hyper on me but worked for cleaning house. Good luck and pray for froyo. (stock guy here)