• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple contacts listed for 'Messages" widget not "People" widget

android888

Lurker
Aug 20, 2010
Hi, all my contacts are google contacts with several linked to Facebook accounts. When I access my contacts through the People widget, all's good, I only see the google contacts (I've deselected Facebookers in the view menu). However when I access the Messages widget all my contacts are doubled up for some reason. I realise this list is also showing facebook contacts as well as google contacts but even the non-facebook contacts are doubled up.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Dave

I keep getting this, I think it happened after syncing google contacts. Looking at the people list it now has facebook, google and phone contacts all linked whereas before it was just facebook and google contacts linked. So it was showing 2 numbers for each contact. I don't know the correct solution for this I just turned off google sync and un-linked the contacts and deleted the unwanted doubles (took ages).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones